DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Addict from WA

34 South

Reactions
Hi,
My name is 34 South from WA, and I'm a drone addict. I have been "clean" for a number of years, but had a serious relapse in 2022, and purchased drones # 8, 9, and 10 in the spate of a few months . . . I bought a Mini 2 F.M. combo, followed by an Air 2S F.M. combo, followed by an M3 F.M. combo - all off eBay with very low flight times at great prices. The Mini 2 was just for the heck of it, to test my inner strength, but then it went downhill - partly triggered by an intent to put this all to commercial use when I retire from corporate life in the next year.

My previous "addictions" started in 2014, after I had seen the original DJI Phantom. I decided to rather build/program my own, and as an engineer/geek it sucked me right in. Built the following:
  1. DJI F450 quad
  2. Tarot 650 heavy lifter quad
  3. Tarot 680 Pro hexa
  4. Tarot 680 Pro Hybrid V2 hexa (my own concoction/mod of the 680)
  5. Tarot 960 heavy hexa
  6. Tarot X4 heavy quad
Ready to fly:
7. DJI Mavic 2 zoom (sold fairly quickly, since I did not like it that much and I felt it had been released prematurely)​
9. DJI Air 2S
10. DJI Mavic 3
So time will tell where this all ends up. For now will complete 107, and start with some commercial odd jobs to build up time - not from a flight perspective but rather the business side . . . .

34S.

Welcome! You do have it baaadd. I know the symptoms, had them from several Draganflyers, to an Okto Microkopter, a couple of F550's. Took the pledge for a half dozen years but the mini pulled me in. Seem to be handling it better now and have only relapsed with the Mini3pro. Thant's gonna be it. I swear... Being part of this Forum has helped. Best of wishes to you too. Fly Safe and Enjoy!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome from Houston, Texas. Many years stationed at Ft.Lewis. It is a beautiful place that you live.
Already adicted and just after a few months of havin one of these little birds, I am looking at another drone to buy soon.
And so it goes. Just like Jeep accessories😎

Last edited:
Hello from the Crossroads of America 34 South

Nice flight history.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi,
My name is 34 South from WA, and I'm a drone addict. I have been "clean" for a number of years, but had a serious relapse in 2022, and purchased drones # 8, 9, and 10 in the spate of a few months . . . I bought a Mini 2 F.M. combo, followed by an Air 2S F.M. combo, followed by an M3 F.M. combo - all off eBay with very low flight times at great prices. The Mini 2 was just for the heck of it, to test my inner strength, but then it went downhill - partly triggered by an intent to put this all to commercial use when I retire from corporate life in the next year.

My previous "addictions" started in 2014, after I had seen the original DJI Phantom. I decided to rather build/program my own, and as an engineer/geek it sucked me right in. Built the following:
  1. DJI F450 quad
  2. Tarot 650 heavy lifter quad
  3. Tarot 680 Pro hexa
  4. Tarot 680 Pro Hybrid V2 hexa (my own concoction/mod of the 680)
  5. Tarot 960 heavy hexa
  6. Tarot X4 heavy quad
Ready to fly:
7. DJI Mavic 2 zoom (sold fairly quickly, since I did not like it that much and I felt it had been released prematurely)​
9. DJI Air 2S
10. DJI Mavic 3
So time will tell where this all ends up. For now will complete 107, and start with some commercial odd jobs to build up time - not from a flight perspective but rather the business side . . . .

34S.
Welcome to the forums. I’m somewhat of a drone addict like you. I have the Matrice 300, Mavic 3, Mavic 3T, Mini 3 Pro, Mini 2, 2 x DJI FPVs, and the Avata.

Did you find that the Tarot drones fly well and work correctly for you? I have an Arris M900 which has been sitting in my closet for several Months. I never could get it to fly right. It does toilet bowls when I try to hover and tips over when trying to take off or land. Calibrating the compass is a real pain due to the size. It seems to be infinitely more difficult compared to my DJI drones.

Last edited:
Did you find that the Tarot drones fly well and work correctly for you?
Yes - eventually. During the "experimental" phase I became very proficient at crashing drones, or in a number of instances they did that themselves. Later on the Tarots were rock solid and very stable from a flight perspective (see link below to a maiden flight of the 960). I never did get good videos since the gimbals were a crap shoot. DJI really got that figured out, along with occusyng, telemetry, et all and that set them apart.

34S

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_