DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s capture date is wrong, how can this be changed?

paparatzy

Reactions
Hi, fairly new to drone flying, the DJI Air 2s is my first drone and I am loving it! I have searched the Internet in order to find out how to change an incorrect file date for my photos. When I import the days photos taken for Real Estate, the image date shows it was taken the day before. I use an iPad 6 Mini as my screen and the date in settings show the correct date. The iMac I use for editing is also correct and I do not have this problem with three other cameras after importing the photos and videos.

I cannot find how to do that and was hoping someone could lead me to the solution.

That's an odd problem. I've always assumed that the system got it's date and time from the satellite data coming with the GPS signal - I don't recall ever having to set the date and time like you do with most cameras. Does this happen all the time, or is it just one set of pictures? If it's just once, it's possible you managed to fly with no GPS signal, and it got stuck on the previous days data, although that seems kind of unlikely.

You can change the date stamped into the file with photoshop, and probably other photo editors.

Thanks for your thoughts. It has been the wrong date since I purchased the drone and have had about 12 flights which photos were taken. The drone was purchased from Amazon as a renewed product, not sure if that would have anything to do with it. The drone was absolutely like new, no evidence of any crash or mishandling.

I’ve never lost connection or had any problem whatsoever with GPS or control of the drone, so don’t believe a loss of GPS signal is the culprit.

I organized my day’s shoots using the created date & time, so it would be a hassle to have to first change the created date/time of the drone’s photos.

I’m scratching my head.

I'm probably wrong here. But doesn't the phone supply the the date and time ???

I’m guessing that the satellites are broadcasting Zulu time I.e. They function by simultaneous broadcasting A synchronized universal time signal from their atomic clocks. The time difference at the receiver defines the distance from the satellite. Multiple satellite signals is computed to a single point at the receiver. The local time has to come from a local source. Your monitoring phone smart controller would be my guess.

I hadn't considered that it might be the controller. I don't believe it is the iPad since the date is correct in the settings of the iPad.

I hadn't considered that it might be the controller. I don't believe it is the iPad since the date is correct in the settings of the iPad.
Post #5 was referring to the phone/tablet or smart controller (which has a built-in tablet.
Your controller won't have any influence on date/time.

Just to update this post, I have now sent the information and photos with the wrong modified date to DJI and are awaiting their response. BTW, the created date is correct, it is the modified date that is wrong.

Just to update this post, I have now sent the information and photos with the wrong modified date to DJI and are awaiting their response. BTW, the created date is correct, it is the modified date that is wrong.
You don't need to look at the Date Created and Modified tags. Check the exif data of the photo/video. If you're on Windows this can be done by going to Properties --> Details, and under "Origin" there is a tag called "Date Taken". For videos, it is in the same place, but the tag is called "Media Created".

Reactions: DougMcC
You don't need to look at the Date Created and Modified tags. Check the exif data of the photo/video. If you're on Windows this can be done by going to Properties --> Details, and under "Origin" there is a tag called "Date Taken". For videos, it is in the same place, but the tag is called "Media Created".

Actually I do need to see the date created as I sort my photos by that criteria. I shoot several homes a day and that allows me to dump all photos into a folder, then sort them by time to separate them. I am on a Mac and view them in Finder app,

Last edited:
Today I heard back from DJI and what they told me regarding the time stamp was interesting to know and thought I’d share it here.

Regarding the shooting time in the photo, first of all, the time stamp obtained in the video/photo taken by the aircraft comes from the App (mobile device). If the app is not used, the data comes from the remote control.

So we suggest that you can check whether the mobile device is connected to shoot and whether the time of the mobile device is correct. If you are using the DJI Smart controller, check whether the system time of the DJI Smart controller is correct.

This doesn’t solve my issue as the phone was connected and the date/time is correct, so the beat goes on…

Good thought. I did check the iPad Mini 6 and the time stamp is correct. I use the DJI Fly App, so the points raised by DJI support did not identify the issue. And btw, I do not have the smart controller. Back to support…..

I heard back again from DJI support, and they did not have any new suggestions other than repeating what they said before. I think I’ll move on, try to find a work around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr