DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly away

Status
Not open for further replies.
@slup @PhiliusFoggg
For future reference: Sometimes DatCon can't determine how to select a parser for one or more record types. In this case it was due the first record in the .DAT being corrupted.

If you select All Signal Groups

1643987603913.png

DatCon can usually construct a parser for the record type. In this case the motor data appears under esc_data
1643987717409.png
The fields names are "raw" and need some interpretation. E.G., e1_spd means the right front motor speed

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this looks like a pilot error for flying in suck bad weather conditions, high altitude, and beyond LOS.

The drone was fighting very hard the wind and this attributed to the battery consumption in 10 minutes. If you have it decreased the altitude below 200FT at least you will be in a better position fighting the wind. This is why is so important to know the weather before takeoff or even after take-off you can know the weather testing flying in all 4 directions.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Am I reading/understanding the graphs in Zeus's last post correctly?
This drone was flown to 9,000 feet high?

Am I reading/understanding the graphs in Zeus's last post correctly?
This drone was flown to 9,000 feet high?
No. That is the distance from the Home Point. The drone little over 1600FT altitude. I know.

I just can believe how often people are breaking the 400FT rule not for a bit but for A LOT !!!

1.jpg

Thanks guys.
Ok, my understanding is that altitude was 4x the legal ceiling and distance from home was about 1 3/4 miles. Geesh. Wow, his eyes are good.

No, most if not all DJI drones have an unchangeable ceiling in the firmware set at 500m, that is relative to the take off point.
Aside from that there is the legal constraint in many countries of 400ft above the ground directly beneath the ground. (Within 400ft of the closest ground in the UK e.g. a cliff face.)

Reactions: Skwirl
This was an illegal flight in both distance and height in Canada but I am sure the OP already knew that since he stated he has been flying his MP this way previously. I imagine if the flight was within VLOS he would still have his brand new drone.

As a "junior" drone pilot, I see some good lessons here: wind is probably stronger at higher elevations; don't ignore wind warnings.
Other threads have discussed the value of initially flying against the prevailing wind so RTH doesn't need to battle a headwind. Maybe it bears repeating?

Unfortunately, this looks like a pilot error for flying in suck bad weather conditions, high altitude, and beyond LOS.

The drone was fighting very hard the wind and this attributed to the battery consumption in 10 minutes. If you have it decreased the altitude below 200FT at least you will be in a better position fighting the wind. This is why is so important to know the weather before takeoff or even after take-off you can know the weather testing flying in all 4 directions.

View attachment 143380

View attachment 143381

View attachment 143382
Where do you get that info? I looked at some of my .txt logs with phantomhelp tool which is very good but there's more info in those graphics.

I knew the (phrase removed by moderator) would be an issue as its human to choose the path of least resistance and the information that stands out the most is obviously wind and I was expecting this so I didn't post the flight video as yet because I needed to know who could resist the urge to deal out mob justice and who can look past this. This drone issue is important to me and the flight data is inaccurate as well. So I'm trying to upload or attach the flight video so the level headed people can see that the wind is not like 90 to 100 km/h which is what the flight record is saying. I mean does that even sound reasonable. Wind warnings are issued to the public when winds are expected to exceed 70 km/h. Anyways, I can't seem to find a way to upload this video for all to see as I'm guessing the file is to large. Any ideas? This video is import for the people with the open minds because it shows a perfectly stable aircraft in all ways and not this thing flopping all over the place trying to stay alive as I think what people were visualizing. When I'm in flight around the lake you can see theres no tidal waves, white caps or sea monsters anywhere. There are no trees folded over 45 degrees or houses with a mail box from Kansas. The lake is relatively calm and you can make out a slight breeze in the trees from time to time. Whats important to me is that the video shows the drone suddenly loose connection for some time. This is when the drone pauses and stands in a hover. The screen blips and I had control again. Right away I raced skyward to gain altitude and present a better line of site as this loss of control was very strange. There was more control issues popping up so I figured I should force land the drone because clearly something was wrong. After I gained some altitude I made my way to the nearby campground that I flown to many times with my Mavic Pro Platinum so I could access spots for a landing. As I patrolled the campsite and the adjacent road for a good landing spot the video connection drops and the rest is history. So if somebody has an idea on how to upload the video I would sure appriciate it. I have quite a bit of telemetry that shows many strange things that I'm hoping somebody can make sense of. For the ones who actually took my words into account and didn't get blinded by false wind readings I take my hat off to you and thank you for listening. This is a tough one I know but I have never looked at a flight log until yesterday and lack the knowledge to get the best out of it. I really need the info that leads to the reason for the control loss and ultimatelty entire signal loss which left me with nothing to figure out where it went so it could be recovered. This drone was easily within its designed communication range and a little wind was not the cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you get that info? I looked at some of my .txt logs with phantomhelp tool which is very good but there's more info in those graphics.
You can upload your flyinglog to Airdata.com

Reactions: stou
The atmosphere is not homogenous. Wind at the surface is rarely the same as wind at 1000'. So the lake might be smooth as glass while the air at 1000' is cruising. And that's what the AirData profile is showing. Plus, checking weather data for the region, it was blowing pretty good on the ground that day:

Capture.JPG

I knew the moron factor would be an issue as its human to choose the path of least resistance and the information that stands out the most is obviously wind and I was expecting this so I didn't post the flight video as yet because I needed to know who could resist the urge to deal out mob justice and who can look past this. This drone issue is important to me and the flight data is inaccurate as well. So I'm trying to upload or attach the flight video so the level headed people can see that the wind is not like 90 to 100 km/h which is what the flight record is saying. I mean does that even sound reasonable. Wind warnings are issued to the public when winds are expected to exceed 70 km/h. Anyways, I can't seem to find a way to upload this video for all to see as I'm guessing the file is to large. Any ideas? This video is import for the people with the open minds because it shows a perfectly stable aircraft in all ways and not this thing flopping all over the place trying to stay alive as I think what people were visualizing. When I'm in flight around the lake you can see theres no tidal waves, white caps or sea monsters anywhere. There are no trees folded over 45 degrees or houses with a mail box from Kansas. The lake is relatively calm and you can make out a slight breeze in the trees from time to time. Whats important to me is that the video shows the drone suddenly loose connection for some time. This is when the drone pauses and stands in a hover. The screen blips and I had control again. Right away I raced skyward to gain altitude and present a better line of site as this loss of control was very strange. There was more control issues popping up so I figured I should force land the drone because clearly something was wrong. After I gained some altitude I made my way to the nearby campground that I flown to many times with my Mavic Pro Platinum so I could access spots for a landing. As I patrolled the campsite and the adjacent road for a good landing spot the video connection drops and the rest is history. So if somebody has an idea on how to upload the video I would sure appriciate it. I have quite a bit of telemetry that shows many strange things that I'm hoping somebody can make sense of. For the ones who actually took my words into account and didn't get blinded by false wind readings I take my hat off to you and thank you for listening. This is a tough one I know but I have never looked at a flight log until yesterday and lack the knowledge to get the best out of it. I really need the info that leads to the reason for the control loss and ultimatelty entire signal loss which left me with nothing to figure out where it went so it could be recovered. This drone was easily within its designed communication range and a little wind was not the cause.
Two of the best analysts of DJI flightlogs both .TXT and .DAT have looked at your logs and come to the same conclusions. It is very rare for the logs to lie if ever and I would pit the analysis of @slup and @Meta4 against the best at DJI any day.

I knew the moron factor would be an issue as its human to choose the path of least resistance and the information that stands out the most is obviously wind and I was expecting this so I didn't post the flight video as yet because I needed to know who could resist the urge to deal out mob justice and who can look past this. This drone issue is important to me and the flight data is inaccurate as well. So I'm trying to upload or attach the flight video so the level headed people can see that the wind is not like 90 to 100 km/h which is what the flight record is saying. I mean does that even sound reasonable. Wind warnings are issued to the public when winds are expected to exceed 70 km/h. Anyways, I can't seem to find a way to upload this video for all to see as I'm guessing the file is to large. Any ideas? This video is import for the people with the open minds because it shows a perfectly stable aircraft in all ways and not this thing flopping all over the place trying to stay alive as I think what people were visualizing. When I'm in flight around the lake you can see theres no tidal waves, white caps or sea monsters anywhere. There are no trees folded over 45 degrees or houses with a mail box from Kansas. The lake is relatively calm and you can make out a slight breeze in the trees from time to time. Whats important to me is that the video shows the drone suddenly loose connection for some time. This is when the drone pauses and stands in a hover. The screen blips and I had control again. Right away I raced skyward to gain altitude and present a better line of site as this loss of control was very strange. There was more control issues popping up so I figured I should force land the drone because clearly something was wrong. After I gained some altitude I made my way to the nearby campground that I flown to many times with my Mavic Pro Platinum so I could access spots for a landing. As I patrolled the campsite and the adjacent road for a good landing spot the video connection drops and the rest is history. So if somebody has an idea on how to upload the video I would sure appriciate it. I have quite a bit of telemetry that shows many strange things that I'm hoping somebody can make sense of. For the ones who actually took my words into account and didn't get blinded by false wind readings I take my hat off to you and thank you for listening. This is a tough one I know but I have never looked at a flight log until yesterday and lack the knowledge to get the best out of it. I really need the info that leads to the reason for the control loss and ultimatelty entire signal loss which left me with nothing to figure out where it went so it could be recovered. This drone was easily within its designed communication range and a little wind was not the cause.
Maybe this helps some. It shows that the wind increases with altitude. Here the wind speed is computed by the Flight Controller on the Air 2S, not by an app that is computing wind info.
1644004626415.png
At an altitude of 50 meters and below the wind speed is 2.2 m/s and below. But, at an altitude of 438 meters the wind varies between 24 and 28 m/s (86 and 100 km/h)

I knew the moron factor would be an issue...
Actually not so much before as we are quite used to see similar incidents here at the forum ... but maybe you could argue your way to being perceived as one?

...to choose the path of least resistance and the information that stands out the most is obviously wind...
No one have chosen a path ... we just look at the flight data from the flight controller which is recorded in 10Hz frequency & that shows what happened. And furthermore, it's the same data that DJI look at ...

...the flight data is inaccurate as well.
That would be the very first time in that case... flight data is way more reliable than what a pilot think he remembers. Would be interesting to know why you assume it's inaccurate.

So I'm trying to upload or attach the flight video...it shows a perfectly stable aircraft in all ways...no tidal waves, white caps or sea monsters anywhere. There are no trees folded over 45 degrees or houses with a mail box from Kansas. The lake is relatively calm and you can make out a slight breeze in the trees from time to time.
Why would a video on the ground conditions be of any importance ... you were flying 500m above it in totally different conditions ...

...I have never looked at a flight log until yesterday and lack the knowledge to get the best out of it. I really need the info that leads to the reason for the control loss and ultimatelty entire signal loss which left me with nothing...
As explained earlier ... you can't expect that your drone, with a max airspeed of 15m/s in the mode you used, can obey your stick inputs or RTH commands in a headwind above those 15m/s. In your case the drone fought winds much higher than that... and that meant that it was pushed backwards with approx. 8m/s.

And also said earlier ... flight logs doesn't record reasons for signal loss ... & the reason for that is really simple, when the signal is lost between your RC & drone no data can reach your mobile device to be stored.

I knew the (phrase removed by moderator) would be an issue as its human to choose the path of least resistance and the information that stands out the most is obviously wind and I was expecting this so I didn't post the flight video as yet because I needed to know who could resist the urge to deal out mob justice and who can look past this. This drone issue is important to me and the flight data is inaccurate as well. So I'm trying to upload or attach the flight video so the level headed people can see that the wind is not like 90 to 100 km/h which is what the flight record is saying. I mean does that even sound reasonable. Wind warnings are issued to the public when winds are expected to exceed 70 km/h. Anyways, I can't seem to find a way to upload this video for all to see as I'm guessing the file is to large. Any ideas? This video is import for the people with the open minds because it shows a perfectly stable aircraft in all ways and not this thing flopping all over the place trying to stay alive as I think what people were visualizing. When I'm in flight around the lake you can see theres no tidal waves, white caps or sea monsters anywhere. There are no trees folded over 45 degrees or houses with a mail box from Kansas. The lake is relatively calm and you can make out a slight breeze in the trees from time to time. Whats important to me is that the video shows the drone suddenly loose connection for some time. This is when the drone pauses and stands in a hover. The screen blips and I had control again. Right away I raced skyward to gain altitude and present a better line of site as this loss of control was very strange. There was more control issues popping up so I figured I should force land the drone because clearly something was wrong. After I gained some altitude I made my way to the nearby campground that I flown to many times with my Mavic Pro Platinum so I could access spots for a landing. As I patrolled the campsite and the adjacent road for a good landing spot the video connection drops and the rest is history. So if somebody has an idea on how to upload the video I would sure appriciate it. I have quite a bit of telemetry that shows many strange things that I'm hoping somebody can make sense of. For the ones who actually took my words into account and didn't get blinded by false wind readings I take my hat off to you and thank you for listening. This is a tough one I know but I have never looked at a flight log until yesterday and lack the knowledge to get the best out of it. I really need the info that leads to the reason for the control loss and ultimatelty entire signal loss which left me with nothing to figure out where it went so it could be recovered. This drone was easily within its designed communication range and a little wind was not the cause.

First tip, please, paragraph a little, separate issues particularly.
Not meant in an attacking way, just that’s really hard for anyone to disseminate the above.

Ok, reading through.

Mob justice.
Sure people here will have a go at 500m, that’s deserved, but the analytical people here, while they probably would feel that way too, are very impartial and generally look at things factually and coldly.

Video can’t be uploaded here, only photos.
Video has to be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or such and a link placed here.
Can be public or unlisted depending if you want it out there for general consumption.

The txt can easily be uploaded to phantom help or airdata and is usually the easiest data to explain your flight for those here that can help.
Again the link to either report can just be posted here, and all explained how to do that if needed early in the thread.

Best of luck with some feedback if you proceed doing that.

The log on phantom help = DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

similar thing on Airdata, click on the notifications tab then give it a few seconds and click on "hd flight player" then click on the blue arrow/play button on the LHS
txt = DAT =
I may delete the airdata's depending on how much I can see when I am logged out of airdata

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DoomMeister
I was looking at the txt log Philius posted. Specifically the signal map. Its showing good signal except for line p and line w.
What does minor signal errors mean?

The next tab of signal score says 96.2, which is very high.
I'm not a seeing a signal issue in that flight log, or I'm missing some thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot