DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Max Power Reached?

The DAT files contain several kinds of data not in the txt log - but notably the raw sensor data from the IMU (rate gyros, accelerometers, magnetometers), the motor data (speed, current, demand etc.), and the GPS data.
I was wondering if there was a way to confirm the movement of the right stick was actually generating increased RPMs in cases like this.

I don't know. Perhaps to save space? The DAT files are much larger than the txt logs. But it's been clearly established that the DATs are being deleted.
Simply turn autosync off . Email the dat file to yourself and carry on . You don’t need all the dat files . Only when there is a problem

Simply turn autosync off . Email the dat file to yourself and carry on . You don’t need all the dat files . Only when there is a problem

Of course - but I was replying to the question of why they are being deleted, not what to do about it.

Message for @sar104 :
Hi there, all knowing wizard, I am intrigued by the wonders of the DAT files you have knowledge of. My question to you is: I use Litchi 99.9% of the time with my Mavic Pro. Does Litchi store these DAT files and if so, where are they located in the ipad mini4 I use?
Hope you can answer this for me.
Many thanks and regards. Ron

Message for @sar104 :
Hi there, all knowing wizard, I am intrigued by the wonders of the DAT files you have knowledge of. My question to you is: I use Litchi 99.9% of the time with my Mavic Pro. Does Litchi store these DAT files and if so, where are they located in the ipad mini4 I use?
Below from this thread --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

Mobile device third-party control app log files

Third-party control apps, such as Litchi, create their own custom log files in various formats using the DJI SDK, generally in CSV format. None that I have seen are as comprehensive as the DJI TXT log, let alone the DJI DAT log.

Since Litchi is probably the most common third-party app, it's worth noting that, under iOS and Android, Litchi creates its own CSV log and a standard DJI TXT log in a separate directory.
No DAT file though.

LOG FILE RETRIEVAL

Litchi log files

On iOS devices, the Litchi CSV logs are in Litchi » Documents » flightlogs, and the DJI TXT logs are in Litchi » Documents » SDK_logs » FlightRecord.

On Android devices the Litchi CSV logs are in LitchiApp » flightlogs. Litchi also creates a standard DJI TXT log, which for some reason it stores in a subdirectory in the DJI app directory, DJI » com.aryuthere.visionplus » FlightRecord.

Message for @sar104 :

As mentioned by @slup, Litchi doesn't create a DAT log file.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts