DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft storage insufficient

Safewaves

Reactions
Pretty new to forum stuff so forgive me. Also pretty new to drones.. I have an Enterprise zoom and working out the speaker use was easy enough to record and playback audio from the controller. But i want to upload a "Shark Alarm" to it ( I have a water safety service / Lifeguarding). I have got an MP3 file now on both the sd card in the drone and also the one in the smart controller. I can see the file is there and even play it back (out of the controller). But if i try and upload audio, i see the file right there, select it, and then i get a message that the "aircraft storage is insufficient". I went into the settings /storage section and there appears to be heaps of room for what is only 698kb clip. Any ideas?

Reactions: Dronage
Pretty new to forum stuff so forgive me. Also pretty new to drones.. I have an Enterprise zoom and working out the speaker use was easy enough to record and playback audio from the controller. But i want to upload a "Shark Alarm" to it ( I have a water safety service / Lifeguarding). I have got an MP3 file now on both the sd card in the drone and also the one in the smart controller. I can see the file is there and even play it back (out of the controller). But if i try and upload audio, i see the file right there, select it, and then i get a message that the "aircraft storage is insufficient". I went into the settings /storage section and there appears to be heaps of room for what is only 698kb clip. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is you might be trying to access the internal storage on the drone, not the SD card?

The only thing I can think of is you might be trying to access the internal storage on the drone, not the SD card?
Thanks W2csa, I went into settings / storage settings on my smart controller and the default storage is set as SD Card..

A few bits of info - internal shared storage is 872Mb used of 11.24GB
Portable storage says sd card 147MB used of 29.32GB (it has a "formatting" and "pop up" in blue near that)

Does this mean anything?

You might just try to convert the MP3 using a different codec with a different compression ratio.
That may be all that is needed.

Phantomrain.org
coal

Alternatively, play back the Shark Alarm independently, and use the record function to record it like a live recording, which you have had success with. Not sure the speaker playback supports recordings not recorded by your device.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark