DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airdata UAV cost ?

RoboticTundra

Reactions
I'm currently paying $39/yr for the HD360 package and realistically that's just to get the wind data. My number of personal flights is well under 100/yr so I don't need it for flight count. I'd love to have some of the features of the Gold package but not worth the money.

In a bid to reign in all of the various expenditures I'm planning to drop back to the free account. My CC statements shows over 100 monthly/annual costs like this under $50/yr for a total of about $2100 / yr.

I wish they had packages with lower flight counts (and thus much less usage on their servers) and included the wind data and stuff from the Gold pkg - basically a 100 flight Gold pkg for $20/yr or something.

Are others in a similar situation? Low flight count but would be willing to pay something for features?

What drone are you flying,
(FLY only) What version of the control App are you using?
What phone?
How do you wish the results to be presented?
There are alternatives but their use depends the answers to those questions.

For non FLY app drones I process the logs using
a) TXTlogToCSVtool see [TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter this can be included in a 'DOS' one liner to process logs en-masse. Or, for singe logs, I use
b) CsvView seee CsvView Downloads

For my Mavic Mini and fly apps below ver 1.2.xyz I use either
a) TXTlogToCSVtoolMM see above, or
b) CsvView

Note, as I use it TXTlogToCSVtool / MM outputs a csv, I don't remember if it can do anything else.

For FLY app using drones used with phones running App ver 1.3 and later and or those drones that encrypt their logs I use DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

You might like to look at DJI drone flight log viewer | Flight Reader check if it can process the FLY app etc encrypted logs, unfortunately it costs.
or
There is a Dutch 'guy', "JJB", over on the DJI forum that has, or maybe created, some free software that he uses to analyse logs, I tried it but it didn't like my computer or screen and I didn't bother looking into why it disliked my whatever. I can't remember the name of his software.

I have my own software, based on a post in here, but it uses Windows and then Linux. Both the Window and Linux section are intended to process all my logs in one 'run' of each section so processing logs singly would be time consumng and tedious i.e. impractical.
Its aim is to summarise each log and write that summary, as a single line, to a csv which acts as a flights log-book.
The Linux section processes the csv's produce by TXTlogToCSVtool / MM or, for encrypted logs, the csv produced by DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
It has no graphics and using the two operating systems is not to every ones taste.

Last edited:
Reactions: pchaps and msinger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio