DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airplane Mode

gkrug

Reactions
How does it affect the Mavic controller? I have iPad Minnie 4 wwith GPS and Cellular.
Thank you,,GKrug

This is a pretty good overview.
Easier to watch than explain all the little quirks :)
The in flight tutorial is worth doing first time.
Bahahahahahahaha!. He is not asking about the fixed wing mode. He is asking about airplane mode. On your device it turns off all the radios, Bluetooth, wifi etc.
You do not have to enable airplane mode, it does not affect your flight. As a matter of fact you need your cellular on to do live streaming.

I have had a few incidents with radio interference during flight, which you can tell when the RC radio icon blinks in Go4. I fly with a dedicated phone - no sim / no data, in airplane mode. I generally have my regular cell phone in my pocket when I fly, and have noticed (no science here) that I do not get the blinking interference icon in Go4 when I put that phone in airplane mode before taking off. Just sayin '...

Reactions: dewster
I have had a few incidents with radio interference during flight, which you can tell when the RC radio icon blinks in Go4. I fly with a dedicated phone - no sim / no data, in airplane mode. I generally have my regular cell phone in my pocket when I fly, and have noticed (no science here) that I do not get the blinking interference icon in Go4 when I put that phone in airplane mode before taking off. Just sayin '...

I like that you have a dedicated device. It saves on the barrage of updates and new introduction of software bugs.

Reactions: RonanCork
I always fly in airplane mode with only the Go 4 app running. It insures that the limited resources of my Tab A will be completely dedicated to the Mavic.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d