DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airsense not working after latest fw update?

Flew yesterday with the setting mentioned above, with the DJI RC Pro. Before the update the controller would go crazy with information and alerts for aircraft. Yesterday, I was flying in controlled airspace with planes fly very close with no alerts. I am connected to the internet. Please see photo.....
I can confirm the same. I have flown several days in the past week and have encountered numerous visible aircraft with transponders. None of them showed up on the radar, no matter what sensitivity I chose. My conclusion is that Airsense is entirely broken with my setup. M3/RC-N1/iPad Gen 5 and also with Samsung S21 Ultra.

Reactions: oztx
Hey Guys. So for some that are on the latest firmware it is found that Airsense does not work. I know Dji said they optimised it but it does not work for some and me as per my tests done. So although i was on the previous firmware because of the GPS issues i decided to upgrade my RC and Ac to the latest firmware becuase Dji did say there is going to be a firmware released to fix this issue but i still had the issue of no airsense so i decided to find the app version 1.5.8 which is the previous version app and sideloaded that to my phone using Xcode and voila airsense now works. As it goes it seems that issue is the app for this not funtioning so if you can get the previous version app, install it and you will have this working again. All the latest features that were added in .500 firmware is still available including the quickshots and straighline RTH

Just got back from flying (About 1.5 hours flight time)
AirSense did alert me several times - But not as often as it used too.

Airsense not working for me either. Used to work great, even flagging jets, I loved it. But after a firmware or software update it quit. Using RC Pro with Mavic 2S and Mavic 3. Tried toggling it off and on, no change.
Yesterday was flying I heard a plane, looked up and it appeared to be right above my drone. I’m sure it was lots higher, but still was startling. And no warning.

i was flying the other day and videoing my wife and dog. I was flying under 100feet and not too concerned till we started to pack up and saw a plane flying by us at maybe 80 feet over a flood control project where we had just been. My wife said " I thought you had seen him earlier while you were using the drone". I had not but he had apparently flown by at a bit higher altitude and I did not see him due to my viewing my screen. There is a lesson there but the reality is we are often buried in our screens. I was disappointed to realize I got no notice. I guess it's possible he had no transmitter. It was a small single engine STOL of some sort. I am now doubly worried about the lack of notification.

The number of notifications that I was getting about (3) upgrades ago was higher. I still get them but at about 25% as often as I used to. I also have the sensitivity set to the highest setting:

1646100688982.png

The number of notifications that I was getting about (3) upgrades ago was higher. I still get them but at about 25% as often as I used to. I also have the sensitivity set to the highest setting:

View attachment 144654
I have no options like that for my Mavic 3...

I agree, I liked the Mavic 3 for this very reason and not to have the function is a huge safety issue
OK boys and girls, here is definitive proof that DJI royally screwed up ADS-B notifications in the latest M3 FW update.

A buddy and I went to a municipal airport. Parked our butts close to the end of the runway with a Mavic Air 2s and a Mavic 3.

Fired up both. Neither drone had the props on them so there was NEVER a risk to the manned aircraft.

Here are the results.

I have the logs if DJI wants them.

When I talk to DJI support in the past they said Airsense is working perfectly on the Mavic 3 and I don't know what I am talking about.

I changed the sensitivity of my airsence reporting today and was notified about a plane that I never saw or heard. I was near a zone where I would’ve expected planes but was just glad to see the alert. I’d suggest everyone check their level of sensitivity.

I changed the sensitivity of my airsence reporting today and was notified about a plane that I never saw or heard. I was near a zone where I would’ve expected planes but was just glad to see the alert. I’d suggest everyone check their level of sensitivity.
I had the sensitivity set to be the most sensitive. It reported nothing even when a plane was almost directly in front of me at the same altitude as I was.

The Air 2s warned about it. Nothing from the Mavic 3.

OK boys and girls, here is definitive proof that DJI royally screwed up ADS-B notifications in the latest M3 FW update.

A buddy and I went to a municipal airport. Parked our butts close to the end of the runway with a Mavic Air 2s and a Mavic 3.

Fired up both. Neither drone had the props on them so there was NEVER a risk to the manned aircraft.

Here are the results.

When I talk to DJI support in the past they said Airsense is working perfectly on the Mavic 3 and I don't know what I am talking about.
Thanks so much for doing this. Great test. I'd say pretty definitive proof.
I also have mine set to the most sensitive setting, and get nothing.

Here are the results.

Transponders are not required for VFR flights without a flight plan. Such flights won't show up on ADS-B.

That Cessna appears to be doing touch-and-goes and wouldn't file a flight plan.

Transponders are not required for VFR flights without a flight plan. Such flights won't show up on ADS-B.

That Cessna appears to be doing touch-and-goes and wouldn't file a flight plan.
You missed the point. He had a M3 and a 2S next to each other. The 2S Airsense worked perfectly. The M3 MISSED ALL the manned aircraft that the 2S alerted.

Reactions: Suren
You missed the point. He had a M3 and a 2S next to each other. The 2S Airsense worked perfectly. The M3 MISSED ALL the manned aircraft that the 2S alerted.
Hmm. Well, yes, I didn't follow the video closely. I understand that the Air 2S is showing things the M3 is not. But what is this note in the video about - "Notice how the Air 2S shows planes in the area but doesn't report them."

Hmm. Well, yes, I didn't follow the video closely. I understand that the Air 2S is showing things the M3 is not. But what is this note in the video about - "Notice how the Air 2S shows planes in the area but doesn't report them."
Not sure, but it probably has to do with the sensitivity setting. It detects but does not alert.

Has anyone read anyplace that DJI knows this is a issue and will be resolved. The only notice I have read is from "Hunter" from DJI saying this is all normal now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom