DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All Black Mavic Pro (pics)

I agree OP, the wrap on your Mavic looks great! I almost wonder why DJI didn't settle on a matte black finish for the Mavic, makes it looks so much more aggressive.

I checked out that website and you can easily get the page translated if you're using google chrome. Another cool color offering is Air Force Silver. Keep us posted on the quality and durability of the wrap after you get out there for a few flights. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

128fbd87ff92084f2a6aa2846a37d336.jpg

e1d695c7c5b658fd38f60b0c394eea45.jpg

Hard shell backpack. It's small and easy access.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I just am glad that I'm not the only person who still hasn't taken off the protective film off of the controller yet. (I did on the forward obstacle cameras)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: MavicProMX
Dronewrap now has their English version site up. I was lucky to contact them a few weeks ago and got the stealth black wrap, the same as the OP of this thread. In my opinion they re the best wraps about there!

DRONEWRAP

I ordered and got it today. Looks really good. Unfortunately I can't put on until after I ship my mavic back to DJI for RMA. I suspect they'll replace the unit so don't want to lose my wrap. I'll probably lose my FAA registration number though

I ordered and got it today. Looks really good. Unfortunately I can't put on until after I ship my mavic back to DJI for RMA. I suspect they'll replace the unit so don't want to lose my wrap. I'll probably lose my FAA registration number though
FAA number is registered to you not to the Mavic.....

FAA number is registered to you not to the Mavic.....

Right, but my label was on the mavic. DJI won't move it to a new unit if they give me a new one. So I'll just need to make a new one, that's all

The Stealth Black does look great, was debating that or the Silver but think am swaying more towards the black. Cannot believe that some are so concerned with the skin acting as an insulator or heat absorber, seriously guys, it would literally come down to a single degree or two if that, taking into account that the Mavic can be flown with the dome in place which can raise the temp by over 10 degrees which is still way within the tolerance of the components I would not bat an eyelid as to what difference the skin may make.

One thing that I did not read here though is that even though DJI have never mentioned it in the past with regards to the Phantom etc. they actually do state now that a skin/wrap will invalidate your warranty so whatever you do, do not RMA it with the skin still on and make sure you clean up any visible signs of the adhesive etc.. :)

One thing that I did not read here though is that even though DJI have never mentioned it in the past with regards to the Phantom etc. they actually do state now that a skin/wrap will invalidate your warranty so whatever you do, do not RMA it with the skin still on and make sure you clean up any visible signs of the adhesive etc.. :)

Are you 100% certain about that chippie? I had an online chat about mine this evening and asked exactly that question and the guy said that it didn't as it doesn't involve opening the Mavic.. Where have you seen/read this?

I bought this matte black wrap decal from a new Japanese company - DJI Mavic pro用 ドローン ラッピング・スキンシール DRONEWRAP.SHOP

I really wanted that 'stealthy' look. Installation wasn't that difficult (although patience is needed) and unlike other wrap offerings Ive seen, this one has a lot more coverage on the edges. I'm very impressed with the quality.

I was fortunate to get hold of one before they actually sell in the US, but they've told me they're launching an English website soon.

IMG_9519.jpg
IMG_9520.jpg
IMG_9522.jpg
IMG_9524.jpg
IMG_9530.jpg
Do they sell it in white?
I would love to have my bird in white but havent found any decals.

Reactions: cluc
Tried placing an order but its all in Japanese :( Dont even know how to check out :(

Tried placing an order but its all in Japanese :( Dont even know how to check out :(

Their English site is open. Dronewrap.shop

Are you 100% certain about that chippie? I had an online chat about mine this evening and asked exactly that question and the guy said that it didn't as it doesn't involve opening the Mavic.. Where have you seen/read this?

Did the guy at DJI completely understand what you meant by a skin as I had seen 3 separate sources (fb groups and another forum) with screen shots of convos with DJI support stating the same and even had one myself to confirm as I was skeptical. To me, as I politely discussed/argued/prompted for a reason, the chap said that it was not a problem attaching small labels with drone registration or personal details but full skins were not acceptable. So, wondering if perhaps your guy may have been thinking of just stickers etc.

I was surprised tbh as I do not believe it was ever mentioned with regards to the Phantom so perhaps they changed their policy a while back. I assume the answer you receive will vary with whoever you get from DJI on the line or chat and quite possibly it may not be correct that they void warranty, perhaps they have changed their policy in the last 3 weeks to allow skins but at this stage until I see an official press release or similar I would not risk it. Despite what you may be told one day they can clobber you the next and even with proof from a DJI chat session you could find yourself with a hefty bill.

Chances are if your Mavic goes in for RMA then it will be down to damage, so you would not get the skin back anyway.

It would be great if we could get a definitive answer either way but any type of escalation with DJI does not seem to get anywhere and would we necessarily trust the final reply anyway, well unless it was an official statement by DJI.

It is of course up to every individual if they remove the skin prior to sending it in for RMA but personally after what I have seen I am not going to risk it.

Did the guy at DJI completely understand what you meant by a skin as I had seen 3 separate sources (fb groups and another forum) with screen shots of convos with DJI support stating the same and even had one myself to confirm as I was skeptical. To me, as I politely discussed/argued/prompted for a reason, the chap said that it was not a problem attaching small labels with drone registration or personal details but full skins were not acceptable. So, wondering if perhaps your guy may have been thinking of just stickers etc.

I was surprised tbh as I do not believe it was ever mentioned with regards to the Phantom so perhaps they changed their policy a while back. I assume the answer you receive will vary with whoever you get from DJI on the line or chat and quite possibly it may not be correct that they void warranty, perhaps they have changed their policy in the last 3 weeks to allow skins but at this stage until I see an official press release or similar I would not risk it. Despite what you may be told one day they can clobber you the next and even with proof from a DJI chat session you could find yourself with a hefty bill.

Chances are if your Mavic goes in for RMA then it will be down to damage, so you would not get the skin back anyway.

It would be great if we could get a definitive answer either way but any type of escalation with DJI does not seem to get anywhere and would we necessarily trust the final reply anyway, well unless it was an official statement by DJI.

It is of course up to every individual if they remove the skin prior to sending it in for RMA but personally after what I have seen I am not going to risk it.

Thanks mate. A friend of mine has returned his twice now and each time he has had a different one back so I guess it would be pointless leaving a skin on anyway but like you say, it would be good to know for sure what DJI's policy is. The guy I chatted with last night was in California rather than China so I'm confident he knew what I meant by a skin..

Have you got to return yours?

I've had the dreaded out of focus issue on the lower right since day one that I've lived with but I'm off to Iceland next month so I really want her right for that so I'm waiting to hear whether DJI agree or not.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman