DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost ready to buy this computer ;)

Mario McFly

Reactions
Hello guys, i did a lot of search on the web and YouTube for review and I have this Lap Top that is in my basket and ready to buy . The specs are great the price goes with it. I finaly decide that a lap top will be best for me, first i don't have a lot of space in my man cave at this moment and second i want to bring it with me when traveling. my choice goes toward a Dell G7 with all the bell and whistles that i want here you can see the spec. Let me kow what you think about this lap top. I know Appe M1 is a great machine but I'm not a Apple fan .

Hello guys, i did a lot of search on the web and YouTube for review and I have this Lap Top that is in my basket and ready to buy . The specs are great the price goes with it. I finaly decide that a lap top will be best for me, first i don't have a lot of space in my man cave at this moment and second i want to bring it with me when traveling. my choice goes toward a Dell G7 with all the bell and whistles that i want here you can see the spec. Let me kow what you think about this lap top. I know Appe M1 is a great machine but I'm not a Apple fan .

Bit Pricey, but it is full featured for sure with some serious hardware, I can't stand running anything smaller than the 17.3" screen now that I have had two. The 15.6 even seems small to me in comparison. That thing is going to be smoking fast for your needs for the foreseeable future. My Vote ....click buy now :p

I personally use 2 drives in my Laptops.. A 512 SSD for programs and a 7200rpm hybird drive for storage...different strokes for different folks. I don't like to constantly write and rewrite to a SSD. Have you shopped for that particular model outside of Dell Direct?

WOW this is a beauty. Excellent Resale Value , and you can always hook into a larger screen to utilize the power of the graphics card.

Phantomrain.org

Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.

Reactions: Mario McFly
Bit Pricey, but it is full featured for sure with some serious hardware, I can't stand running anything smaller than the 17.3" screen now that I have had two. The 15.6 even seems small to me in comparison. That thing is going to be smoking fast for your needs for the foreseeable future. My Vote ....click buy now :p

I personally use 2 drives in my Laptops.. A 512 SSD for programs and a 7200rpm hybird drive for storage...different strokes for different folks. I don't like to constantly write and rewrite to a SSD. Have you shopped for that particular model outside of Dell Direct?
I have one external 500g SSD and many 1T hard drive . Yes I did shop around and could not find better deal in Canada qith that exact same spec . I will wait for boxing day and if i get 100$ less it will be just fine if not i will buy it anyway just don't tell Dell ;)

WOW this is a beauty. Excellent Resale Value , and you can always hook into a larger screen to utilize the power of the graphics card.
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain.
I'm just asking my self, what if I hook up my 65 inch 4k tv ?

That is where that better Processor and Graphics card can really pay off as years ago there would just be to much lag but now you should be spot on . Keep us posted with some pics , but with the slow shipping you may not get this for weeks.
Shipping is a disaster right now.

That is where that better Processor and Graphics card can really pay off as years ago there would just be to much lag but now you should be spot on . Keep us posted with some pics , but with the slow shipping you may not get this for weeks.
Shipping is a disaster right now.
Oh thanks man for your well received comments. As for shipping i know its a mess right now . We need to be patient, in the mean time i will shoot and take picture to be treated later on this Winter .

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have three ports on my ASUS Gamer to output to a TV, Yours probably does have at least two. As to what if....Magnificent output!!! Even though your main screen is 1080P that card will throw full 4K to the 65". Just set windows to Extend Display... You can watch videos or whatever on 65" and have your home screen on computer use as normal...I am doing that as we speak (type). :)

These gamer laptops spoil the heck out of you. ;)

Last edited:
I have three ports on my ASUS Gamer to output to a TV, Yours probably does have at least two. As to what if....Magnificent output!!! Even though your main screen is 1080P that card will throw full 4K to the 65". Just set windows to Extend Display... You can watch videos or whatever on 65" and have your home screen on computer use as normal...I am doing that as we speak (type). :)

These gamer laptops spoil the heck out of you. ;)
Well I after speaking with the agent on dell page I got 150$ rebate so I'm now waiting for shipping lolll
I think i did my home work to find what i wanted and I must admit for s beguiner it was not that easy so thanks to eveyone that help me by giving ther opinion on this post and the other one i made couple days a go. Thank you All !!!

I have three ports on my ASUS Gamer to output to a TV, Yours probably does have at least two

I think I'll be good ;)

Ports & Slots​

1. Standard SD card | 2. USB 3.2 | 3. Thunderbolt 3 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C® (USB-C DisplayPort Alt-Mode on NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650Ti GPU option)| 4. MiniDP 1.4 (on NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660Ti and RTX GPU options) | 5. HDMI 2.0 | 6. USB 3.2 | 7. RJ-45 1x1 Gigabit Ethernet Port on 1650Ti (RJ-45 Killer Networks E2500V2 Gigabit Ethernet Port on 1660 Ti and above) | 8. Power-in | 9. USB 3.2 Gen 1 with PowerShare | 10. Headset jack

I think I'll be good ;)

Ports & Slots​

1. Standard SD card | 2. USB 3.2 | 3. Thunderbolt 3 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C® (USB-C DisplayPort Alt-Mode on NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650Ti GPU option)| 4. MiniDP 1.4 (on NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660Ti and RTX GPU options) | 5. HDMI 2.0 | 6. USB 3.2 | 7. RJ-45 1x1 Gigabit Ethernet Port on 1650Ti (RJ-45 Killer Networks E2500V2 Gigabit Ethernet Port on 1660 Ti and above) | 8. Power-in | 9. USB 3.2 Gen 1 with PowerShare | 10. Headset jack
Yeppers your like me, Mini Display port, HDMI and a USB-C...oddly enough I tried hooking my TV to the Display port and while it worked, my fans went into full speed. They don't when I use HDMI or USB-C...Who knows? :p

I'm thinking of dipping into VR and the Occulus Rift S, which only uses the Display port out...so hope it doesn't do the same...but as it is I don't have, nor want a facebook account, so probably won't bother ;)

Reactions: Mario McFly
I run a dell G7 as well. Best laptop I’ve ever owned and super easy to open up for upgrades. Mine is only they 9700 chip and a 1660 video card, but nothing seems to slow it down as long as I use proxies in Premiere pro. Just ordered new ram for it, going from 16gb to 64gb.

Looks like a good buy to me. My laptop bit the dust so I purchase a desktop gaming system with the same spec as the laptop you're looking at. I have three monitors set up which is awesome. Can't image ever using a single monitor again lol

I run a dell G7 as well. Best laptop I’ve ever owned and super easy to open up for upgrades. Mine is only they 9700 chip and a 1660 video card, but nothing seems to slow it down as long as I use proxies in Premiere pro. Just ordered new ram for it, going from 16gb to 64gb.
Thant sound interesting can't wait to work on the G7. Thank you!

Looks like a good buy to me. My laptop bit the dust so I purchase a desktop gaming system with the same spec as the laptop you're looking at. I have three monitors set up which is awesome. Can't image ever using a single monitor again lol
Yeah I have work with 2 monitors before cans only imagine 3 ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin