DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude set and Home point - Questions!

sozi81

Reactions
Hello to everybody.

Can someone help me - I don't find any explanation about this.

When home point is recorded - why sometimes I heard (especially when I take off) the voice "Home point has been UPDATED!" ? Why? I mean- i already waited for HOME POINT RECORDED ...

Then, sometimes when I flew back and I land I can see on my screen - 0,3 meters, - 1 meters...
like he is landing below the home point .... is there any issue ?

So final questions:
let's say I am flying from a top roof (building of 4 floors) and there is no other building higher than mine.
I set the RTH altitude at 30 meters. When I take off, MAVIC will record my altitude (4 floor = 35 meters). Then, after 20 minutes the MAVIC is 400 meters away from me and he is at 10 meters of altitude. If I push the RTH button...what happen? Will he raise his altitude up to .... 35 meters or 75 meters ? because I think is 35 meters + 30 meters right?

Thanks

Home point updated is for precision landing.

The Mavic always takes your launch point as zero....all heights are referenced to that, so in the case you mention, it will rise to 30 meters above the roof top.

Home point updated is for precision landing.

The Magic always takes your launch point as zero....all heights are referenced to that, so in the case you mention, it will rise to 30 meters above the roof top.
So if it is at 10 meters (from the ground) it will rise to 75 meters (+20 to reach my height) and +30 to reach the set altitude RTH.

Thanks

35 +30 is actually 65, not 75.....but you're right in principle. Don't forget that when your Mavic is 10m above the ground, the height shown on the app will be minus 25 because you're 25m below your launch point (which the Mavic has taken as zero.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J