DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Always, ALways, ALWAYS!

Timecode

Reactions
Always make sure you video record button is activated when needed! 4 min of video reduced to .24 due to pilot error me thinks

Did that once and realised after I landed that I hadn't recorded, felt a bit of a goose when it happened but on a positive side there was no one around to witness the mistake.
I put it in the same category as forgetting to remove the gimbal clip.

I know what you mean, unfortunately. Now I look at the screen to make certain. It REALLY sucks when you "think" you are recording some thing good, and your not. VERY good advice.

I almost did the same thing today. I'm a new pilot and was trying out the "point of interest" feature today. I was so focused on getting everything else set that after two times around the building I realized I hadn't hit the button.

Randy

Reactions: metamatic
Using litchi's auto record on takeoff feature I've never encountered that problem :) I'm sure i would if not for that!

Reactions: MAStetz and ftttu
A few years ago, Phantom 2 + GoPro days, I "recorded" some brilliant action at the Italian round of the World Rally Championships, in Sardinia. Amazing action! Thrilled!
Gutted when I landed to find the GoPro wasn't recording.
At least one can check whilst in flight, these days.
It would be nice if the Stop Recording needed a double click, tho.

Reactions: Timecode
Litchi has auto record on takeoff as default, but I turned that off anyway. I like to scope out the area, find my shot and then record it; saves time on editing.

Reactions: Fleek
Been there done that.

Did a 15min EPIC flight at the tail end of the Golden hour in the PM. Most amazing colours, highlighting the scene to absolute perfection! Flight was 100% smooth with all movement as it should be. "Video" was pure gold until I landed in the last gasp of light, packed the bird away and wanted to show off the cached video as preview.

Only to discover nothing was recorded. Even went as far as double checking the SD for in case the video didn't cache...

Alas I.D.10-t error had occurred!

I'm another Litchi user so I don't have to worry about it. Video recording, being one of the most important reasons to fly, should cause DJI to add an auto record option. As easy as it is to add to Go 4, it is strange they haven't.

I'm another Litchi user so I don't have to worry about it. Video recording, being one of the most important reasons to fly, should cause DJI to add an auto record option. As easy as it is to add to Go 4, it is strange they haven't.
If you use this feature be sure to check the focus once airborne. It might have focused on something close at take-off.

Yeah, I wish the button had a more distinct difference between recording and not. Like maybe a color change or blinking

Reactions: Riteguy
If you use this feature be sure to check the focus once airborne. It might have focused on something close at take-off.
We discussed the focusing issue in Phantompilots when information about the MP came out about a year ago, and that was one of the reasons I didn't want one. On my P4, I send it off on a WP mission, and it comes back and lands without any input. I really like that, but I will just have to get used to focusing.

When I saw the thread title for the first time, I immediately thought, the OP must be about RTFM. When I actually read it, I also remembered the Rule #2 (after #1, which is of course, and forever, RTFM) - Always, ALways, ALWAYS read the original post, and for which I even invented an initialism: FFSRTOP

:D

Reactions: OzoneVibe
ahaha, i am guilty of this multiple times. Make it a habit to always press record, buy a larger memory card or multiple smaller cards and focus on flying.

Another thing is that you can't take photos while filming. So you stop to take a pic and then want to continue filming but forget to hit the button again.

It would be nice if the Stop Recording needed a double click.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind