DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Always look above you!

KingRat

Reactions
I have been so careful... the light was good, but fading and it was bitterly cold, slowing down my brain,. Increased pressure from the light going.... I didn't see the twigs.

Looks like you lucked out there and ended up only having to replace the props. What kind of drone were you flying?

Looks like you lucked out there and ended up only having to replace the props. What kind of drone were you flying?

It got concussion, then half came to.... only fell about a foot onto the grass having bumped into one of the old grave stones on it's downward slanting flight. Mavic Air. I checked her over and continued to fly afterwards having seen no damage to speak of, not even a scratch. There was a tiny bit of drift on a long hover, that's all. I will swap the props over from corner to corner and see if the drift goes the other way - that will confirm if the slight nicks in the props are causing it, if so I will put 4 new props on and dress these. If not, then I will recalibrate everything and try it again, just to check. If that doesn't cure it, off to a repair station it will go, just to be on the safe side.

Tuff luck but through incidents like this we learn. Flew mine into tent inner wall trying to be clever. No damage but drifted afterwards. Calibrated imu and problem solved.

Reactions: Bobvt and KingRat
Tuff luck but through incidents like this we learn. Flew mine into tent inner wall trying to be clever. No damage but drifted afterwards. Calibrated imu and problem solved.
Ruined props and gimbal by those pesky little twigs,I was in sport mode so a little movement went a long way,learned a good lesson.

Reactions: KingRat
I had a couple of times when I was flying around and then suddenly without warning
A small flock of birds [emoji211] came above my drone almost hitting them,
That old saying is true, always look up and all around you before flying [emoji106][emoji927][emoji211]

I did look around and gauged a good take off point. In my rush to get up before the light went I simply didn't go through the gate far enough. One more step and I would have been clear above!

Most mistakes occur when people are rushed..... that is the lesson. Don't be pressured by any situation. I allowed myself to be. I have checked everything over again and the IMU is green without me recalibrating it, I shall change the props - I have 6x sets, so can afford to, including one horrid set of bright pink ones. I might put them on for the greater visibility.

Reactions: Crouching Leopard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa