DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I expected to pay this $79 with DJI CARE REFRESH??

So you flew it (what looks like) WELL above the FAA limit of 400', ignored wind warnings and it crashed and you think it should have been a warranty issue?

Can you please rant into one post next time? Not to sound mean, but this floods my inbox. As for the turnaround time, you can expect your drone to be gone for up to 6 weeks and DJI Care Refresh is not a priority Care package, just a 1 year insurance policy.
I do apologize for the rant however the motto says keep flying and it does advertise Priority Care. And actually it's a little more disturbing that all of you guys that have gone through this or just accepting it. This is just totally ridiculous that they hold your unit hostage for 5 to 6 weeks when they are just going to go and send you a refurb unit anyway. I don't understand why more people are not pissed off about this. I know I was beyond irate. Again I apologize

Oconnb910....good job you got the insurance and make sure you renew, it if your flying is as erratic as your forum updates you'll most likely need it :) Oconnb910 : 1 DJI :0 :)
Okay I got the gist of your comment but yes I am passionate about being screwed over by this company

I do apologize for the rant however the motto says keep flying and it does advertise Priority Care. And actually it's a little more disturbing that all of you guys that have gone through this or just accepting it. This is just totally ridiculous that they hold your unit hostage for 5 to 6 weeks when they are just going to go and send you a refurb unit anyway. I don't understand why more people are not pissed off about this. I know I was beyond irate. Again I apologize
It's a Chinese company. 'Nouf said.

I know this is an older thread, but since it was recently revived, I thought I'd add my $0.02. I've found that the RPM shown when flying toward or away from the home point is a crude, but effective way of judging the wind load.

If you're in sport mode, and find yourself going 40+ MPH in a given direction, take note of the RPM. If it's between 6-8k, chances are you have a strong tailwind. In NO WIND, the 40 MPH speed will typically run between 8-8.5k - so if it's cruising without load on the props, be prepared for a slog coming home. If at any point you see 9-9.5k on the props you know she's giving it all she's got and won't be able to go any faster than the current speed.

I always look at the RPM during the first 1000' feet going away from the HP. If I see anything more than 8k, I stop, and return to the HP to gauge the RPM. You'll get a pretty good feel for which direction creates the largest load, and can make better/safer use of your battery.

Reactions: cdir
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705