DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I in Compliance If...?

moldorf

Reactions
I have a new Mavic 3. My control is the RC-N1 with a Tripltek 8

Am I in compliance if a have electronic copies of my Trust Certificate, my FAA Registration for the Mavic 3 (ordered the sticker from the Pilot Institute), and the safety regulations from the CBO I'm using as a guideline (I'll carry copies of regs from the AMA, FPV, & FTCA but I'll probably use FTCA as it seems similar and more straight-forward

in other words, is having digital copies of all those things on the Tripltek being in compliance. Seems like carrying paper copies would be unnecessary. I could also carry copies of everything on my phone as well

I have both. But truth is, I have never been asked to show them.

Reactions: buddb55

Am I in compliance if a have electronic copies of my Trust Certificate, my FAA Registration for the Mavic 3 (ordered the sticker from the Pilot Institute), and the safety regulations from the CBO I'm using as a guideline (I'll carry copies of regs from the AMA, FPV, & FTCA but I'll probably use FTCA as it seems similar and more straight-forward

in other words, is having digital copies of all those things on the Tripltek being in compliance. Seems like carrying paper copies would be unnecessary. I could also carry copies of everything on my phone as well
I got cards for the FAA Trust Registration. More convenient than paper copies.

Reactions: GFields
Your Mavic 3 needs an actual registration number on it to meet the reg.

Legible careful lettering with a sharpie pen on masking tape is enough if you want to fly while you’re waiting for your nice labels.

in other words, is having digital copies of all those things on the Tripltek being in compliance. Seems like carrying paper copies would be unnecessary.
Ask yourself this:

If you were asked to present your FAA registration (or other document) to a law enforcement officer, would you rather hand over your mobile device or a piece of paper? I would rather hand over a piece of paper. That is why I have all of my documentation printed.

Reactions: DaveR1977
Ask yourself this:

If you were asked to present your FAA registration (or other document) to a law enforcement officer, would you rather hand over your mobile device or a piece of paper? I would rather hand over a piece of paper. That is why I have all of my documentation printed.
I have both. A printed set in my glovebox and digital copies on my phone.

Reactions: Dbez1
Just like a hard copy of your vehicle registration and driver's license.

Reactions: Aerophile
Ask yourself this:

well, since I would already have my mobile device out and running, if the electronic version that was on the mobile device was sufficient proof I'd much rather use that than carry two 8X11 pieces of paper

actually, it's more than two pieces of paper. The AMA rules are 12 pages long. If I was asked which CBO I was using as a guideline it would be much simpler to show the electronic version than carry a 12 page pamphlet, a trust certificate, and proof of the FAA registration

I think I reject the idea that a trust certificate is the same as my driver's license or vehicle registration.

I have the trust certificate and the FAA registration printed; I just don't want to cart around the paper or have to remember the paper each time I fly. That's why I asked the question

Just like a hard copy of your vehicle registration and driver's license.
I don't think that's accurate. I researched a little more and it appears that electronic copies are sufficient. That's not sufficient for a driver's license or vehicle registration

well, since I would already have my mobile device out and running, if the electronic version that was on the mobile device was sufficient proof I'd much rather use that than carry two 8X11 pieces of paper
I’m not sure what you’re printing on 8x11 paper. I’ve got my FAA rego and Trust printed on wallet sized cards. Go ahead and hand over your hardware. I’m hanging on to mine and handing over two little slips of paper.

I’m not sure what you’re printing on 8x11 paper. I’ve got my FAA rego and Trust printed on wallet sized cards. Go ahead and hand over your hardware. I’m hanging on to mine and handing over two little slips of paper.
LOL...what are you going on about? Why would I be "handing over" my hardware? That makes no sense at all

do you think they are going to confiscate my tablet? Or maybe, all they might do is ask to see proof of my trust certificate and there it is, right on my screen with my name and everything. Oh, and proof of FAA registration...there it is, right on the screen, again. And if 'they' ask what CBO guidelines I'm using, I open the PDF file on my tablet...right on the screen. It's an 8 inch tablet with 1200 nits so it will be very readable

if that is sufficient proof, and it sure appears to meet the requirements, why should I carry paper copies on my person, or add more cards to my wallet, which has too many cards and licenses in it already. I'll carry paper copies of Trust and FAA in my vehicle, by the way, but I might be several hundred feet, or more, away from my vehicle when, if ever (very unlikely), I'm approached by any authority

I'd really wonder what percentage of pilots here have ever been asked to show their Trust and their FAA registration. It has to a very tiny number compared to the number of flights people take

You're more likely to win MegaMillions than be asked for your TRUST cert or CBO docs unless it's an FAA officer which in that case you'd be more likely to win twice than run into one. Not saying you shouldn't have them but I would not sweat it. I always fly under 107 (I always INTEND to make money on anything I film while flying) so personally don't care about any of this CBO BS.

Print out any FAA documents card size and laminate them. Carry them in your wallet. Problem solved.

Reactions: Xitor

FAA registration # has to be on the drone.

I just carry a copy of my TRUST certificate and my FAA registration in every drone bag and I have a dedicated bag for each drone.

LOL...what are you going on about? Why would I be "handing over" my hardware? That makes no sense at all

do you think they are going to confiscate my tablet? Or maybe, all they might do is ask to see proof of my trust certificate and there it is, right on my screen with my name and everything. Oh, and proof of FAA registration...there it is, right on the screen, again. And if 'they' ask what CBO guidelines I'm using, I open the PDF file on my tablet...right on the screen. It's an 8 inch tablet with 1200 nits so it will be very readable

if that is sufficient proof, and it sure appears to meet the requirements, why should I carry paper copies on my person, or add more cards to my wallet, which has too many cards and licenses in it already. I'll carry paper copies of Trust and FAA in my vehicle, by the way, but I might be several hundred feet, or more, away from my vehicle when, if ever (very unlikely), I'm approached by any authority

I'd really wonder what percentage of pilots here have ever been asked to show their Trust and their FAA registration. It has to a very tiny number compared to the number of flights people take

I would simply not recommend anyone willfully place their electronic device(s) in the hands of a law enforcement officer in *any* situation. Some states are starting to allow electronic drivers licenses and just...NOPE.

I would simply not recommend anyone willfully place their electronic device(s) in the hands of a law enforcement officer in *any* situation. Some states are starting to allow electronic drivers licenses and just...NOPE.
paranoia strikes deep

I wouldn't even have to "place it in his hands", just show him the 8 inch screen

this discussion has gone sideways into the deep grass of grassy knolls

paranoia strikes deep

I wouldn't even have to "place it in his hands", just show him the 8 inch screen

this discussion has gone sideways into the deep grass of grassy knolls
It ain't paranoia if they're really out to get you. ;)
:p

Reactions: moldorf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne