I ordered a Mavic.

• Bad idea! Fix the Vision 2+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good call - time for an upgrade.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

rbhamilton

Reactions
Ok... just ordered my Mavic from Amazon. They claim shipping March 20. Not that Amazon has never missed a shipping date but at least they are more reliable than DJI in that department and they have the buying power to get in a big batch. Plus they don't charge before they ship so that's a bonus. I was a bit worried that I couldn't order the DJI Refresh directly from Amazon but it looks like you can buy a $99 refresh from the DJI web site within 48 hours of delivery then link it to your drone.

It was time for an upgrade anyway but my drone brought it to a head by going for a swim. I've been loving the Vision 2+ but it was showing it's age from time to time. Last couple of flights the response to the RC has been questionable and the range has been very low. Yesterday I lost control completely.

After a moment the drone did what it's supposed to do and started an RTH. Made it - almost. I couldn't regain control. Lots of switch flipping. No idea. I watched helplessly as my little guy slowly descended into the neighbor's pool on the other side of a nice tall fence. D'oh! Somehow my drone missed it's take-off spot by 10 feet. Ouch.

After removing the battery and shell then blowing out all the water with a pressure host and using a hair dryer on it, I put the little guy in 50lbs of rice in a box out on the patio. Nice and warm here in Arizona so I expect he should be bone dry in a week or so. I know I could get him up and running with enough time money and effort. Who knows.. he may even fly perfect.

IMG_20170206_115756.jpg IMG_20170206_162618.jpg

Don't worry, I put him in a pillow sack to keep the rice out of the motors.

I think this is the Universe's way of saying "You need a new drone!" What do you think? What would you have done in this situation? Buy a Mavic or save the cash and fix the Vision 2+?

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

What would you have done in this situation? Buy a Mavic or save the cash and fix the Vision 2+?
The Mavic is light-years ahead of the P2V+. I think you made a good decision.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Amazon just stepped up and BOOM my drone appeared on my front steps a few says after the order.

I've had my Mavic for a week now. Wow... you guys were so right. This thing is light years ahead of the Vision 2+ - and I thought that thing was amazing.

I pulled the Vision out of the rice. I recycled the battery - just don't trust those things after they get wet. But otherwise the drone was remarkably unharmed by it's swim. It powered up with a new battery just fine! It flew fairly well but only inside a range of about 30 feet.

The camera goes up and down in power up test so the gimbal is OK. I can lower the camera with the remote but I can't raise it. I suspect one wire isn't connected properly. At least I hope it's only a wire.

I ordered a new RF board and a new set of cables - they arrived a few days ago. Today it's a rainy day so maybe I'll spend a few min and see if I can get the Vision back to it's fighting prime.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan