DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon

DJI is shafting Amazon for some reason. I am not sure if Amazon signed a deal to buy the drones at a much lower price than everyone else but for whatever reason DJI is making sure that the market is saturated with Mavics before Amazon see's a single drone. At the same time that they delay Amazons shipments they announce on their own website 5-7 day delivery.

I think amazon's cut is pretty high on everything they sell.
They better be careful because Amazon is already invested millions in Drone R&D. If DJI pisses them off they may decide to buy out GoPro which is now worth half the amount and then use GoPro as a consumer division to test technology from Amazons commercial Drone division.

Reactions: dewster
If DJI picks a fight with Amazon....... I don't think DJI would fair very well in that fight.

Then again, apple does just fine not really having their products on amazon.

Hmmm...same dates on Apple. I wonder if DJI is dissing them too.

DJI is most likely only thinking about money right now. Selling them directly probably puts an extra 30% in their pockets.

or possibly they listened to the customer and heard all of the complaints from people patiently waiting while places like Best Buy and New Egg would get them and sell them to people (like me) who were fortunate enough to catch them in stock. So maybe they decided to ensure they fulfilled all of their own individual orders (not bulk retailer orders) first and eliminated the backlog so that when they start shipping large bulk orders out, they will still have inventory fourths who choose to buy direct.

Or possibly DJI tried to work a deal with Amazon to supply the drones for Amazon's new delivery service and they couldn't broker a deal and Amazon told them to piss off and this is DJI's way of getting them back.

Possibly but Amazon has already spent millions on drone development so I think DJI as a teeny weeny company compared to Amazon would be foolish to think they could dictate terms to Amazon.

As for fulfilling back orders, i doubt anybody has more than Amazon! From what I have read DJI has had a seriously bad track record with customer service and most people flocked to Amazon because they knew Amazons 30 day return period at least protected them from any hassles if they got a lemon. The buyers on Amazon have been waiting since October and that's really sad.

DJI is shafting Amazon for some reason. I am not sure if Amazon signed a deal to buy the drones at a much lower price than everyone else but for whatever reason DJI is making sure that the market is saturated with Mavics before Amazon see's a single drone. At the same time that they delay Amazons shipments they announce on their own website 5-7 day delivery.

GoPro pulled a similar number by selling to brick and mortar stores before Amazon. I think their stock took a hit on that maneuver.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think the best advice IF you are desperate or PO'ed is to just cancel your orders from the various dealers and buy direct. DJI's strategy will hurt sales on future endeavors. No one will put money down for a preorder or something not in stock. Crazy.

I just went to DJI website and they are saying

Mavic Pro Ships in one week
ONLY FROM THE DJI ONLINE STORE

Wow Talk about rubbing salt in every dealers wound

I had pre ordered on Amazon then I saw dji came out and said ships in 7-10 days so I jumped on that canceled Amazon then Bestbuy came out and said it's in stock all the sudden with free 2 day shipping and $6 one day shipping so I went ahead and canceled DJI and went with Bestbuy ordered yesterday 1-11-17 and got tracking this morning and will be here tomorrow (Friday)! It's just crazy how everything is all over the place!

Yep, Best buy has had them popping up in stock more frequently now. New Egg pretty much mimics the lead times form DJI direct as they act as the middle man and place an order directly with DJI when you order with them. I wonder when Apple is going to revise their lead times as well?

They better be careful because Amazon is already invested millions in Drone R&D. If DJI pisses them off they may decide to buy out GoPro which is now worth half the amount and then use GoPro as a consumer division to test technology from Amazons commercial Drone division.

Totally....

Ahh another thred about Amazon shipping. LOL. Yup I canceled my pre-order with Amazon Prime after getting one mail saying item will ship in three weeks , then another e-mail saying delivery date is unknown. Each day they keep updating status of the availability back and forth. I was done! I ordered from DJI Store on Amazon and still was able to use my amazon gift cards which was my only thing that kept me from buying anywhere esle like Best Buy after seeing stiock there come and go. Hopefully DJI Store won't let me down and ship out in 5-7 days as promissed.

Reactions: xUNx DeathDrone
Just switched mine on Amazon from shipping from Amazon LLC to DJI store. Hope that makes a difference. Never thought about doing that until I saw it here!

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicPro5280
I also cancelled my order at Amazon placed on 5th October when it was said that delivery would be around the 18th of that month... Now after 3 months of waiting I ordered at dji store... Should arrive within the next few days [emoji6]

No, no and no, it's simply just that dji didnt knew that mav would have a such success and they have to produce and exporte much more as they thought, for me, I still have to wait 3-4 months

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78