DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another mavic 2 pro gone off grid

OK guys have removed several post because of one member so just carry on now. :)
My apologies. I was very interested in seeing the OP's issue resolved one way or another. I let the run around get to me.

Has anyone received positive feedback from dji on this seemingly common problem with the mavic 2 pro? Mine ghosted 800 feet out, disconnected, failed to reconnect, failed to return home, and failed to log the flight. This took place on the 13th of June.
0BF83232-05EE-4D51-8E4A-E23CBA827FD5.jpeg
From your initial post...
Seriously!!
Max altitudes of 679ft, 892ft and 1135ft?! In addition to flying beyond VLOS into prohibited airspace?
Is it any wonder we’re seeing ever increasing regulation?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: xOperator
DJI so-called customer 'support' is still refusing to acknowledge the problem in my case. Despite the numbers of people having these sorts of problems, DJI refuses to replace drones. Clearly there is a problem with some units, either the drone itself, the remote controller or the software. But DJI has our money, so does not appear to want to do anything.

One thing is very certain, if you treat customers badly, they do not return.

DJI so-called customer 'support' is still refusing to acknowledge the problem in my case.
Correction: You are still refusing to acknowledge that you cannot prove the issue was a DJI issue.
If you could, DJI would have something to wwork with.
But that's been explained many times to you.
Despite the numbers of people having these sorts of problems, DJI refuses to replace drones.
DJI do replace drones .. if you can show proof of a DJI issue as the cause of the incident.
It's normal business practice to require evidence of an issue before replacing an item.
Clearly there is a problem with some units, either the drone itself, the remote controller or the software. But DJI has our money, so does not appear to want to do anything.
What's certain is that you can't clearly show that the cause of your incident was a DJI issue.
How can DJI know that the problem wasn't you failing to secure the battery correctly?
It was your choice to fly over a deep lake where recovery after an incident was not possible.
You chose to take that risk - you can't balme DJI for everything.

Correction: You are still refusing to acknowledge that you cannot prove the issue was a DJI issue.
If you could, DJI would have something to wwork with.
But that's been explained many times to you.

DJI do replace drones .. if you can show proof of a DJI issue as the cause of the incident.
It's normal business practice to require evidence of an issue before replacing an item.

What's certain is that you can't clearly show that the cause of your incident was a DJI issue.
How can DJI know that the problem wasn't you failing to secure the battery correctly?
It was your choice to fly over a deep lake where recovery after an incident was not possible.
You chose to take that risk - you can't balme DJI for everything.
But I have the advantage that I know that the battery was correctly inserted (especially as the drone had covered over 800m) and that it was nothing that I did/did not do to cause the disconnection. And given the number of other people reporting remarkably similar problems (disconnections and a failure to reconnect) then clearly there IS a problem with some units. If I was the only person with this problem then I would accept that there was no evidence, but the number of reports from other people shows that some units do have a problem.

A new drone should not suffer disconnections. DJI should be accepting responsibility for this. And if I worked for DJI then I would be looking to find out why so many drones are disconnecting. And as RedBird2020 pointed out, it seems that DJI has also stopped the recording of .DAT files on mobile phones/tablets now as well...thus removing vital evidence from consumer's hands.

There are just too many reports of disconnections now.

@worldtraveller - I think it's been pointed out to you on more than one occasion you are unable to provide any evidence that your issue was down to DJI's fault.

Maybe be mindful of the forum rules.....

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark