DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to find my Mavic 2 Pro

Watermelon

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I have lost my Mavic 2 Pro for it seems no reason.

Main issue, I flew at night as I tried to capture a lit up house. After a coupe minutes drone just disconnected with no warning and I was unable to find it.

I've checked this forum, but was unable to find solution to my problem. I have downloaded a log file from my smart controller to view my flight path and where it disconnected, it couldn't have been far away.

phantomhelp.com/logviewer - not helpful, shows Access Denied for some reason. I have included a link to my log file if anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong.

My flight log: https://we.tl/t-mgGqknpjRC

I have also attached a file here, but I had to change .log to .txt

Any heal would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• log-2023-12-03 - Copy.txt
    25.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: RodPad
That log is probably not the one you seek, have a look at post 3 in
Smart Controller - How to access flight logs.
or
point 6 in post 2 in Download logs from Mavic 2 Pro & SmartController

The name of the file you seek starts DJIFlightRecord, upload the last log to Phantomhelp and post the URL here.
In //(USB Drive)/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord you will probably see a named MCDatFlightRecords, if you HAVE NOT synced your logs with DJI upload the last .DAT file from MCDatFlightRecords to here, it may be of some use.

Syncing deletes those DATs.

Last edited:
I have downloaded a log file from my smart controller ....
phantomhelp.com/logviewer - not helpful, shows Access Denied for some reason. I have included a link to my log file if anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong.
The problem is that you didn't download the flight data.
What's needed is a txt file with a name like DJIFlightRecord_2022-01-21_[13-52-55].txt

The place to look for it is:
DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord

Last edited:
The problem is that you didn't download the flight data.
What's needed is a txt file with a name like DJIFlightRecord_2022-01-21_[13-52-55].txt

The place to look for it is:
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord
Uum dji.go.v4 for a mavic 2 pro.
In fact I wondering if the entire PATH you cite is wrong?
I don't have a smart controller but if on current firmware etc. does it shove the logs files in "Android" etc.?

Last edited:
Hey!

Thanks so much for the quick replies, because of you I got to look at the correct log and was able to find my drone crashed into soft bushes, seems even the gimbal is okay!

Still, the question remains, what happened... My best guess is the battery swelling and drone crashing. I have uploaded my correct log file if it tells you anything more than me.

Thanks again for the help guys!

Attachments

• 23-12-03-11-30-42_FLY044.DAT
    9.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

Thanks so much for the quick replays, because of you I got to look at the correct log and was able to find my drone crashed into soft bushes, seems even the gimbal is okey!

Still, the question remains, what happened... My best guess is the battery swelling and drone crashing. I have uploaded my correct log file if it tells you anything more than me.

Thanks again for the help guys!
That's the DAT, go up one folder lever and look for a file with the name DJIFlightRecord_2023-12-03_[hh-3m-ss].txt . Upload that to PhantomHelp and post the URL here.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Glad you found your drone. Hopefully undamaged.

How high above the take off point is Watts Rd and the tree tops near/at the junction of Watts Road and Point Nepean Rd?

Where was the drone found?
With Meta4's post in mind was the battery in the drone? Is it swollen.

...it looks like a sudden power loss.
This time a ejected battery is almost shown in the log... the log doesn't just end without any suspicious.

At 45.3sec into the flight, when the drone had just stopped at it's furthest point & hovered for a couple seconds... all battery related data starts to flat-line, this means that the battery have stopped communicating with the FC which is common (if it's captured in the log) when a battery starts to eject.

Just before the log ends (& the battery disconnects) you quickly let off the elevator stick shortly & then applies it again, the drone goes from a -24 degree pitch, up to about -2,5 degrees, then you applies elevator again... this jerky elevator command may have shaken out the battery enough for it to disconnect totally.

(Click on the chart to make it larger, the legend under the chart explains the graphs & the chart marker is placed where the battery data communication dies)
1701731909536.png

This time a ejected battery is almost shown in the log... the log doesn't just end without any suspicious.

At 45.3sec into the flight, when the drone had just stopped at it's furthest point & hovered for a couple seconds... all battery related data starts to flat-line, this means that the battery have stopped communicating with the FC which is common (if it's captured in the log) when a battery starts to eject.

Just before the log ends (& the battery disconnects) you quickly let off the elevator stick shortly & then applies it again, the drone goes from a -24 degree pitch, up to about -2,5 degrees, then you applies elevator again... this jerky elevator command may have shaken out the battery enough for it to disconnect totally.

(Click on the chart to make it larger, the legend under the chart explains the graphs & the chart marker is placed where the battery data communication dies)
View attachment 170761
Also, the battery status shows Communication Error starting at about 52 secs.
1701738467645.png
In the bottom plot it can be seen that the total voltage is changing even though the individual cell voltages have flat lined. I suspect this may be because the total voltage is measured in circuitry external to the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman