DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody bought and tried the new DJI Mavic ND filters ?

Felipe

Reactions
I got an email from DJI showing some of their new Mavic accessories including the new Mavic 4x/8x/16x ND filter kit. It looks like the snap onto the lens as opposed to fitting snugly over the lens. I was curious if these have been available long enough for anyone here to have tried them out? Price seems fair.

The price seems reasonable but shipping makes them almost as much as the more substantial alternatives.
If you were buying something else adding to the package is a better option.
They really ought to be including a set with new mavics IMO.

Reports I've seen suggest they work pretty well but tricky to fit without getting fingerprints on them, and the tiny clip things can break.

I ordered them a month ago and haven't had them ship yet! When I ordered them they said 5 to 7 days. Now it says 20 to 25 days so it could take a while before they are in stock.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using MavicPilots mobile app

I received my DJI filters last week. Here are some things I can tell you about them:
  • They are extremely lightweight since the outside of the filters are made of plastic
  • It's very easy to snap them onto the camera
  • Removing them is easy as well if you release two of the tabs per the instructions
  • I had no trouble fitting them without getting fingerprints on them
  • I don't think the tiny clips will break off if you handle them correctly
Here's a good review of the filters:

Reactions: dkcamer
I'm not a fan of the design... mostly because they're so dang small and flimsy. I had one successful flight with the ND16, but when I went to remove it (carefully following the '2 clip removal' procedure outlined in the instructions) the filter popped out of the frame. I have delicate, bird-like fingers and really baby all of my gear. Gonna have to send these back for something with a more robust design. Maybe the PolarPros?

Having said that, the quality of the image is fine - as long as the filters don't fall to pieces.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum