DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody have the Katana for the mavic?

I looked the app up and the ratings are not good. Although I will say that I never realized phones could shoot such good video. Do you have any videos that you can post of mavic + phone footage?

I made this one over the weekend. 4k 24 FPS, with iPhone 8 Plus, Filmic Pro App, DJI Osmo Mobile.

Reactions: dekip
For someone who may just want something for occasional use, they likely aren't going to spend $200, or even $159, on an Osmo over a $20 accessory. Not everyone is made of money.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
A. I hear ya'
B. You get what you pay for most of the time
C. (My situation) It paid for itself within 4 days of receiving
D. I have to be honest, it smokes my Drone for everyday situations (which I dearly love) in terms of everyday usefulness

I made this one over the weekend. 4k 24 FPS, with iPhone 8 Plus, Filmic Pro App, DJI Osmo Mobile.

I find I just turn on the Osmo and use it's navigation and gimbal reset controls on the handle and use my phones camera app. I tend to agree the DJI app is tricky at best - but then it is also a tease of what is to come sooner then later. ...... I thought this was the Mavic group so to steer back on course I think the two together are close to a portable production studio of good enough quality for most of us most of the time, and look darn good at that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman