DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone change their control stick configuration to mimic FPS games?

I will be trying out Mode 3 this weekend for sure! I am an avid gamer and I didn't even know that a mode 3 existed. I'll be a Topgun Mavic pilot by the end of the weekend now. I can feel it in me waters!

I have switched to mode 3 and it is not allowing me to start it up. When I pull both sticks down and to the inside or outside, it won't start it up. I have to put it in mode1 or mode2, get it started and then switch to mode 3 and I'm good to go. I like to fly it without my phone hooked up and mode3 is not allowing me to do that. Anybody understanding why it is like that?

I have switched to mode 3 and it is not allowing me to start it up. When I pull both sticks down and to the inside or outside, it won't start it up. I have to put it in mode1 or mode2, get it started and then switch to mode 3 and I'm good to go. I like to fly it without my phone hooked up and mode3 is not allowing me to do that. Anybody understanding why it is like that?

You’ll need to match the start up stick move to the stick layout. So if for mode 1 and 2 is down and to the middle, then for mode 3 if y axis is inverted on the right stick (I can’t remember if that is what mode 3 is) you’d need to do down and middle on left and up and to middle on right.

I'm a new drone pilot and long-time gamer, and I was having trouble getting the feel of the controller in Mode 2. Once I switched to Mode 3, all my gamer muscle memory immediately kicked in and it feels perfect to me. Nice to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this!

Last edited:
How have I not thought of doing this! And just as I was starting to get used to the initial factory mode!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1