DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in the Tampa Area lose a Cine see ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hasn’t he chosen to use the care refresh for a flyaway on it then?
Because it doesn’t always work that way
He actually is covered under the care refresh for a flyaway. He just hasn’t chosen to use it whatsoever
First off this is only your word saying this drone has it. Secondly he still needs to find $1700 for a flyaway replacement which he may not be able to afford!

If you are going to continue to sell this you need to put in the top of your description that it will never fly as it will be bricked if he has made a claim with DJI care refresh.

It’s simple honestly on every level.

I added a part in the additional description referencing that.
Why did you even join this forum today or reply to my eBay questions? Do you enjoy having people give you grief?

As I said, email me the serial number and I can get the owners details.

Also you’ve said there is no battery. Why? What happened to the battery if it’s a flyaway? That part makes no sense? Why not attach a screenshot showing it has care refresh as you say?

Reactions: Skwirl
The law doesn’t see it as stealing now does it? Because it isn’t. Is it stealing is If I pick up a pen off the ground that’s not mine? The owner could have used the flyaway refresh he doesn’t need the physical drone for that to happen. There’s a big difference between a flyaway drone that easily gets lost and a car. You can’t have a flyaway car. You only have stolen cars
Comparing a pen to a $3000 + drone. Worth more than a lot of cars actually.
Return it.

Because it doesn’t always work that way

First off this is only your word saying this drone has it. Secondly he still needs to find $1700 for a flyaway replacement which he may not be able to afford!

If you are going to continue to sell this you need to put in the top of your description that it will never fly as it will be bricked if he has made a claim with DJI care refresh.

It’s simple honestly on every level.
Actually I show in the photos it has refresh if you bothered to look

Yeah they do if the owner has care refresh with flyaway which this one does. Keep calling me a scammer shows how dumb you are
If you found someone’s wallet with cash in it, wouldn’t it be right to return it? Why not give Philip/DJI the serial number?

Reactions: Tufargon
So according to Florida law Nathan, you are literally selling stolen property. I do believe this is against eBay’s terms and conditions. 🤔

I’ve offered my help in fixing this if you don’t know how to contact DJI to find the owner. Otherwise take it to your local police station.

At this point it might be better to contact ebay and inform them of the Florida statute. Then contact the Tampa police dept with the info about the ebay listing and this thread.
This guy probably wont give up on turning this stolen drone into cash for himself.

At this point it might be better to contact ebay and inform them of the Florida statute. Then contact the Tampa police dept with the info about the ebay listing and this thread.
This guy probably wont give up on turning this stolen drone into cash for himself.
I’m curious if the eBay lister is stupid enough to still be listing the item considering (I can confirm) that both eBay and law enforcement are both watching the “auction”. As well as the fact that both are aware that the seller has been notified that what he is doing is illegal. Let’s see what happens. 🤔

I’m curious if the eBay lister is stupid enough to still be listing the item considering (I can confirm) that both eBay and law enforcement are both watching the “auction”. As well as the fact that both are aware that the seller has been notified that what he is doing is illegal. Let’s see what happens. 🤔
I took the listing down and explained the reality of the situation to Philip. Ask him about it. I haven’t done anything wrong

Reactions: philipbloom
I took the listing down and explained the reality of the situation to Philip. Ask him about it. I haven’t done anything wrong
The listing has come down and Nathan has told me there is no “friend who found it”. He told me that he actually bought it from another eBay listing for parts and was trying to sell it on to make a profit.

There are of course questions about his methods of flipping it, as he was using a very dishonest listing. I’ve asked to see the listing from where he originally bought it to see if that was dodgy because I can see no reason why a drone with a partially damaged gimbal and maybe motor, would be sold for parts. Because if it’s actually broken, if it does have the care refresh that he states it has then it would have been sent back and replaced by the owner.

If that seller did what we thought Nathan was doing then he can at least contact eBay for a refund.

It’s all a bit strange and still somewhat fishy, but it just goes to show you that listings like that get spotted very easily even though eBay is huge!

Reactions: beermat and Skwirl
So according to Florida law Nathan, you are literally selling stolen property. I do believe this is against eBay’s terms and conditions. 🤔

I’ve offered my help in fixing this if you don’t know how to contact DJI to find the owner. Otherwise take it to your local police station
I’m curious if the eBay lister is stupid enough to still be listing the item considering (I can confirm) that both eBay and law enforcement are both watching the “auction”. As well as the fact that both are aware that the seller has been notified that what he is doing is illegal. Let’s see what happens.
The listing has come down and Nathan has told me there is no “friend who found it”. He told me that he actually bought it from another eBay listing for parts and was trying to sell it on to make a profit.

There are of course questions about his methods of flipping it, as he was using a very dishonest listing. I’ve asked to see the listing from where he originally bought it to see if that was dodgy because I can see no reason why a drone with a partially damaged gimbal and maybe motor, would be sold for parts. Because if it’s actually broken, if it does have the care refresh that he states it has then it would have been sent back and replaced by the owner.

If that seller did what we thought Nathan was doing then he can at least contact eBay for a refund.

It’s all a bit strange and still somewhat fishy, but it just goes to show you that listings like that get spotted very easily even though eBay is huge!
Yeah guys sorry for being dishonest and stuff but people don’t generally buy your item when you say you bought it from somewhere and are now re selling it for profit- thus the story about randomly finding it. For the record, if I ever found a random drone I would make every effort to return it to the owner, I just had to argue for the opposite side due to my original description. I sent Philip the purchase proof I have for the item and everything such as that to verify my story. I didn’t realize the drone has care refresh when I bought it. I only intended to purchase it then send it to dji to be repaired. I’d be happy to provide any proof or answer any questions to clear this up: I just can’t lose $800 around what I paid for it, so I have provided Philip with the listing I myself originally bought from and am hoping to return it to him. Thanks

Nice turn of events Thumbswayup
I'm still dumb lol.
You aernt dumb, I just made a stupid mistake not telling the whole truth in the description and then I got a lot of people mad. I’m actually not a bad guy I would have returned the drone if I found it myself but I just paid $800
For it and can’t afford to lose that money. Thanks for understanding hope you guys can forgive me. Please ask me any questions I’d be happy to clarify anything for you!

Finding the owner is the decent thing to do. Drone fliers are a community, we should help each other out. This is a very expensive drone and with his care refresh he could get it replaced under that but because he lost it he isn’t covered and will have to buy a new one.

Don’t you see why this would be a great thing for you to do?

Thanks for taking a nice line to appeal to this person, and I thought it might be sadly a waste of time explaining morals.
I was ready to list the nice things Nathan has said here, and suggest some cleaning up, and a permanent vacation.

Reading this last page, things have changed marginally.

You helped someone change their seemingly locked in views Philip, well done.

Not sure if the Cine owner will get his drone back, and maybe refresh at a lesser cost.
Probably not if 'Nathan' returns it via ebay to the original seller, gets his $800 back (margin anyone ?), then perhaps they will just sell it again somewhere else.

Reading this post, it's amazing how morals can be so different, but one thing I always remember my parents teaching me, "morals / character are not what you do or how you act when people are watching, it's what you do when they are not".

Good to see such positive member feedback here.

You aernt dumb, I just made a stupid mistake not telling the whole truth in the description and then I got a lot of people mad. I’m actually not a bad guy I would have returned the drone if I found it myself but I just paid $800
For it and can’t afford to lose that money. Thanks for understanding hope you guys can forgive me. Please ask me any questions I’d be happy to clarify anything for you!
I'm proud of you.
Thank you also to Phillip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02