DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know a use for these?

LakeTravis

Reactions
I still have have my Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 2 and original Phantom. And the the there versions of the Mavic Pro... but I can't for the life of me ever imagine using this again 😁

I'm thinking the trash can. What do y'all think?

IMG_9189.jpg

Reactions: Ex Coelis
What exactly is that?

with the very first Phantoms, quality control of the props was questionable at best and balancing really helped. They did improve over time, but you had to buy the genuine DJI props.

Reactions: dirkclod
Prop balancer. Mainly used for airplanes and helicopters, but I could see someone wanting to use one for quads. Though I never have.
Correct! You nailed it, send us $100 to receive your consolation prize. ;)

Correct! You nailed it, send us $100 to receive your consolation prize. ;)
If the prize is another prop balancer, I'll pass. 😄 Already have the one pictured, as well as the magnetic one from Great Planes and a homemade one for the helicopter blades.

Reactions: db4476
If the prize is another prop balancer, I'll pass. 😄 Already have the one pictured, as well as the magnetic one from Great Planes and a homemade one for the helicopter blades.
I've used them on RC planes and boats but not on drones.

I still have have my Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 2 and original Phantom. And the the there versions of the Mavic Pro... but I can't for the life of me ever imagine using this again 😁

View attachment 139867

I'd hate to see it go to a landfill. Someone, somewhere would like very much to have that thing. Ebay it, perhaps?

I use one on my DJI FPV Drone. Good to have for non-Mavic props but I would imagine you could come up with an adapter/way to use them on Mavic props.

A balanced prop (or 4 of them) are a huge plus for longevity of the motors/arms. Even a slightly out of balance prop will transmit a lot of vibration into the airframe. The larger the prop the more pronounced the problem is.

I'd hate to see it go to a landfill. Someone, somewhere would like very much to have that thing. Ebay it, perhaps?
Ebay or one of the RC plane sites.

@LakeTravis have the same one in red ,keep it because i can guarantee not long after you dispose off it you will wish you hadn't ,because either yourself ,or someone with a need for it will ask if you still have it life's like that

Yup. I used that to balance my R/C airplanes propellers. You need to sand the blades or add CA or epoxy to balance.

I have its twin....used it for my P2V with original DJI props....there were some that were somewhat unbalanced. Slight sanding with emery cloth did the trick.

I used this with my DIY drone back when I used non-DJI propellers.
I don't use this anymore as now I fly a mavic, which if you buy original props you don't need to balance them.

View attachment 139867

Donate it to a local AMA club.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705