DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried these 5in1 chargers ?

yes, since the charge control is located within the battery pack, there is much less risk of any thing to go wrong. The power supply (DJI included) simply provides a constant voltage and current to the battery and the battery's internal circuitry controls the voltage and amp rate at which the battery charges until it is full and then it stops the charge cycle regardless of the input connection. So as long as you provide the battery with a constant 13.05VDC and 4.50 amps, the battery will take care of the rest.

With my experience with LiPos for RC Car the charge strategy is much different than what DJI designed. DJI is basically controlling the rate of charge (or the range at which you can charge it) applied to the actual cells inside, by including the onboard charger inside each charger.. RC Cars that I race we just have a battery and we can individually dictate what amp and balance technique as well as end voltage to stop the charge at... So in that scenario you must use extreme caution. That being said, the most crucial part of charging LiPos is the cutoff.. too long and POOF... since the DJI Intellegent Battery does that internally writhin the unit we basically have no control over that. And the output of these '5-in-1' are not too far off from the stock DJI charger...

Does it void the warranty? I have clue and frankly I'm not worried about it.

Just ordered the 5 in 1 charger. Can't beat having 3 batteries charged in about an hour. Comes in on the 21st. Will update after I've used. Only have two batteries atm, but will be getting a third for Christmas lol. Thank you me!

I ordered one of these also. Should receive it before Christmas.

I'd like to use this charger in my truck as a portable charger as well, but know little to nothing about electrical. Would a 300w inverter provide sufficient power to this?

I ordered one of these also. Should receive it before Christmas.

I'd like to use this charger in my truck as a portable charger as well, but know little to nothing about electrical. Would a 300w inverter provide sufficient power to this?
Power is equal to voltage times amperage draw. So 13.05Vdc X 13.5A (3 batteries) = 176 Watts. Add an additional 10 watts for the 2 USB ports for max power output of 186 Watts. Looks like it should work....

Power is equal to voltage times amperage draw. So 13.05Vdc X 13.5A (3 batteries) = 176 Watts. Add an additional 10 watts for the 2 USB ports for max power output of 186 Watts. Looks like it should work....

OK. Thanks! I didn't know if it would be voltage input (115) x 13.5A, or volts out (13.05) X 13.5A. There's a huge difference between the two, and like I said, I know little to nothing about electrical. Thanks again!

Last edited:
nope...the input power draw is likely close to .75amps....more voltage equals less amperage to make the same amount of power output.

good to hear.....I have one in my wish list on Amazon...will likely pick one up after the Holidays

As written by others, all of the charging regulation, temp monitoring and control is in the battery. The charger is simply a high current power supply at 13 volts. As current draw is controlled by the battery, there is little to no risk of these units frying a battery.

I also have the 5 in 1 charger....works great..I love being able to charge 3 batterys at once and my remote and cell phone if needed.

So I took the plunge after seeing the video and already got a shipping notification. Well see how long it takes to get here from chain....I mean China.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J