DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using any sort of tracker system?

D95GAS

Reactions
Been looking at various options for trackers for the Mavic, and I think it comes down to the "Trackimo" or the "Marco Polo".

The Trackimo seems to get good write up's on various forums, but nothing really specific to the UK.

I have emailed Trackimo EU, but wondered if any of you guys out there have used them or a similar device as a bit of a safeguard on these expensive devices.

I had a look at some of the cheap eBay options, but the general consensus is that many of these cause issues with interference to the compass on the Mavic.

Just look for any opinions or experience's

thanks

Yes I was having a good read on the Phantom forums, and although their is some cheapies that do GSM and GPS with all sorts of fancy stuff, people in the know have done tests and they do interfere with the compass, which would be very unsettling.

I think in my own mind I have come to terms that the Trackimo is the one to go for, so going to hang on till they come back to me with more information on this new "Optimum" firmware, I also notice they do a slightly more expensive "Trackimo Mini".

Its a lot of money to just lose without having any sort of ability to try and trace it.

I have also just signed up for membership of FPV UK as part of the membership give you £5m public liability, and for £8 until the July renewal, I would rather know that I have some sort of cover "just in case".

Been looking at various options for trackers for the Mavic, and I think it comes down to the "Trackimo" or the "Marco Polo".

The Trackimo seems to get good write up's on various forums, but nothing really specific to the UK.

I have emailed Trackimo EU, but wondered if any of you guys out there have used them or a similar device as a bit of a safeguard on these expensive devices.

I had a look at some of the cheap eBay options, but the general consensus is that many of these cause issues with interference to the compass on the Mavic.

Just look for any opinions or experience's

thanks

Jus bought a TRACKIMO and tried it. The coverage first off, is patchy and the location is off by a good amount. It's gets better the more you use it.
Sends an annoyingly large number of emails, every time you pick it up....
I guess I can tell it not to in the settings.
Will keep using it over the weekend and report back.
Bracket for Mavic is pending, so I am using it in the car....

Reactions: Davidwh
Be really interested to know how you get on after the weekend

I believe there is an option to turn off the messaging off or at least to reduce the frequency.

Reactions: Soundtekk
I used to use a tile to track my Bebop. I found that it cut the flying distance in half. I think that DJI needs to do something about putting some sort of tracking option in the drone. Seems odd how difficult it is to find one of these if you land out of sight considering they have GPS.

Tile ??

I think to a degree you can track it on the map on the screen IF there is enough battery life left in the craft, if the battery is dead though, no gps and no map, and thats my area of concern. With the miniaturization of everything these days, you would of thought DJI could of built something into the system to do this..... something similar to the Trackimo with a small independent battery, would seem the perfect solution.

I already have a tractive that I use for my Dog - rather than take out another subscription I was wondering if anyone has attached one of these to their Mavic? It looks about the same size as the Trackimo device?

I have the Trackimo and have used it for a year a so now on my P3P, but I am now looking for options to attach it to my Mavic, it really is a good little device, I often use it in my car.

Flack

Reactions: Soundtekk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31