DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple iPad Mini 4 with Mavic 2 Pro

Deepwater

Reactions
The guy at the Best Buy store told me the iPhone did a better job supporting the Mavic 2 Pro remote than the iPad Mini 4 because of better handling of GPS signals. Did he know what he was talking about? I would like a larger screen and more battery time than my iPhone X.
Thanks

Well, an iPhone comes with gps as standard while you need to use an iPad with cellular ability to have gps. You don’t have to put a sim in the cellular iPad, gps will still work and the controllers position should be available on the Go4 map. Without gps you would not be able to update homepoint.

Last edited:
I’m using a iPhone 6 without cellular coverage, everything turned off via airplane mode, works fine for me.

Your M2P has GPS built into it so there’s no need to have gps on your iPhone/iPad.

The home point is activated by the gps on the drone not by the iPhone/iPad.

Hope this helps;)

I’m using a iPhone 6 without cellular coverage, everything turned off via airplane mode, works fine for me.

Your M2P has GPS built into it so there’s no need to have gps on your iPhone/iPad.

The home point is activated by the gps on the drone not by the iPhone/iPad.

Hope this helps;)
I think you are wrong about that.

The controller does not have a GPS receiver and associated electronics.

You need to use a phone/tablet with GPS if you want to use dynamic home point or flight modes that require controller GPS location.

It also intelligent modes. Not sure any require GPS position for the controller.

Dynamic home point does.

As do various flight modes in litchi and no doubt other third party apps.

Couldn’t comment on litchi or other 3rd party apps, never used them. Only one I use is the Go4 app.;)

I use an IPad mini 4 with my M2P and it works perfectly. It fits snugly into the holders on the controller. I bought a 1 foot cable to connect the IPad to the controller so I don't have excess cable hanging down to get snagged on something.

Guys @ Best Buy "knows" about everything but really about nothing, specially drones.

I use an IPad mini 4 with my M2P and it works perfectly. It fits snugly into the holders on the controller. I bought a 1 foot cable to connect the IPad to the controller so I don't have excess cable hanging down to get snagged on something.

Not to get off subject. I never had a problem with the Mini 4 on the Mavic Pro, but with the Mavic 2 Pro I have a lag whenever I take a photo. The lags last as long as it is saving the photo, especially worse when multi shot or AEB. Do you have this problem with yours, if not, have you had it in the past, and if so what did you find as a solution to prevent it? Thanks

I have been using my iPad 4 mini with cellular for both my Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro2 Zoom. Works great and never an issue. No disconnects. But just not bright enough in the direct sun where I live in LA area. Going to get a Crystal Sky so I can leave the Hoodman behind. Way too much to fly the drone at the beach with the hood. Crystal Sky is not cheap but worth it to me.

I have been using my iPad 4 mini with cellular for both my Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro2 Zoom. Works great and never an issue. No disconnects. But just not bright enough in the direct sun where I live in LA area. Going to get a Crystal Sky so I can leave the Hoodman behind. Way too much to fly the drone at the beach with the hood. Crystal Sky is not cheap but worth it to me.

That’s what the bloke who dresses in red is ;)getting me next month, a CS. Oh I can’t wait.

Ask my wife... though I know she has been, when she's good she is very good and when she's bad... she's fantastic.

Reactions: Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329