DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arizona Cliff Diving

Agree, truly amazing piloting!
But... I expected to see cliff diving on the Salt River where everyone goes tubing. That would make one spectacular viewing also.

Agree, truly amazing piloting!
But... I expected to see cliff diving on the Salt River where everyone goes tubing. That would make one spectacular viewing also.
I was perched up high timing my flights to stay away from other tourists. TBH I'm not sure about the legality of all my locations as it is... A lot of state parks or dense tourist spots frown upon our lot, but I was riding the government shutdown.
My next step is getting a stronger video receiver, that'll give me more confidence to fly over water. The beauty of the Mavic is that even if you lose video reception you can get it back via LOS or GPS. If this little FPV rig loses video or radio reception, I pretty much fall out of the sky. It's on a long list of things I appreciate more about DJI products after building my own drones. I've flown the Mavic from a boat out over the ocean just as calm as you like, I fly this thing over little ponds at the golf course and I'm sweating bullets :)

It's all around the outside edges Saguaro National Park West

I'm not posting this in the main thread because there's no Mavic footage. This is uncut footage from the race drone, complete with sound. It gives you a much better understanding of the machines capability, and what it's like to fly it, when you can hear the motors. This is unedited, but color corrected. The crash at the end was so minor I could pick it right back up and fly it. Oh, and this runtime is a whole battery with this setup! Less than 3 minutes!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre