DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Art from 1969 imitates (drone) life, today.

66427cobra

Reactions
I was watching a March 9, 1969 rerun of the TV show, Mission Impossible (The Bunker: Part 2) last night. No kids, M.I. didn't start with Tom Cruise and Mr. Phelps was a good guy.

They were using a drone to deliver a small payload within an air duct system. Quite creative. The controller was was not unique since radio controlled model planes used them. But the drone seemed quite forward thinking with the multiple props providing lift. Yeah, it looks a little like a flying saucer but I was fascinated by how a 50+ year old TV series was able to nail it.

Here are some pics. Apologies for the quality. The only way I could grab them was off the TV screen using my phone as I was not prepared nor expecting to see this. Had to rewind and pause several times to get a decent pic.

Anyway, I thought this would be amusing for old folks (like me) who were around when it originally aired and for youngsters who never knew Mission Impossible was a successful TV series in the last century.

1656948190075.png1656948233400.png1656948293860.png

PS...If you attempt to watch the full episode on the internet, start with "The Bunker: Part 1" to understand the full plot. Part 2 is where the drone is used.

Thanks, @66427cobra, I now have that theme music stuck in my head. Along with visions of Cinnamon...

Then you probably also know that Cinnamon Carter (Barbara Bain) was, in real life, married to Rollin Hand (Martin Landau).
Some more trivia...they also appeared together in 'Space:1999', a series I remember from my youth.

Reactions: MA2 317
Gotta love the classics.

Mission Impossible and Space 1999 are a couple of my favorite blasts from the past.

Thanks for sharing the clips 66427cobra

My motto: "You're only young once...but you can always be immature."

Another good one in similar vein "growing older doesn't mean you have to grow up".
Drones are a great way to keep the mind and dexterity active, having fun in life is what life is about.
Humour too, without it life would be pretty dull.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King