DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Article about head injuries from a falling drone

AtomDrone

Reactions
It is nice to see some of the fear and hype being dispelled.

A study issued by the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and conducted by ASSURE has sought to bring some figures into the discussion, finding, among other things, the chances of a head injury from a falling drone to be 0.03% and it is significantly less than the danger of a falling piece of wood or steel of the same weight due to aerodynamic drag.

Head injury from a falling drone? Crash test study suggests chances are slim

Reactions: WindShear and Sdt09
Significantly less dangerous than a falling piece of wood or steel, but it is significantly more likely to have a drone flying at 300feet over a crowd of people, than a random piece of wood or steel. How many FAA registered pieces of wood are there buzzing around?
Now the study is useful for the odd debt collector/hitman so that they can be assured a baseball bat is still more persuasive than a P4.

Significantly less dangerous than a falling piece of wood or steel, but it is significantly more likely to have a drone flying at 300feet over a crowd of people, than a random piece of wood or steel. How many FAA registered pieces of wood are there buzzing around?
Now the study is useful for the odd debt collector/hitman so that they can be assured a baseball bat is still more persuasive than a P4.
The sky is full of them, and bricks + stones too - whenever you walk down a street.
People do that all the time so risk from falling building parts is far higher.

The sky is full of them, and bricks + stones too - whenever you walk down a street.
People do that all the time so risk from falling building parts is far higher.

Sorry I live in a tiny country town I forget that cities may be a little different when it comes to aerial bombardment...

So, if you're unlucky enough to be sitting squarely beneath a Phantom when it powers off, you have a 1:10,000 to 3:10,000 chance of chance of head injury. That's IF you even get struck. I can't imagine how slim the odds would be if you included the chance of getting struck in the first place.

I think the veil is coming off the narrative... This has little to do with safety, and everything to with privacy - specifically, allowing the serfs to have eyes in the sky that can hold our governing class accountable.

Reactions: WindShear
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes