DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How To Verify Drone Registration with just SN.

baddog

Reactions
Site
www.drone-scapes.com
To All,

First off, I am located in the USA and refering the US Federal Aviation Administration only. I received a loaner, Matrice 350 RTK drone today, from a commercial drone reseller. I have it for a week. I am using the loaner to familiarize myself with it, before doing a training class for one of my companies clients who purcahse one a while ago and never learned how to use it.

I assumed the drone would come with a valid registration # afixed to the hull of the drone. There was noting on the drone, except a label that read, "ALPHA". This is not a valid FAA registration number.

All I have is a Serial Number for the drone. Is there anyway to look up the status of registration, using just the make and model & serial number?

Thanks In Advance

I would check with the commercial drone reseller you got it from.

Reactions: sarahb
Given your description above, I'm assuming you have your 107 cert, and are familiar with the rules.

The Matrice can not be legally flown in the US without an FAA registration number affixed to the outside. As the pilot, it is your responsibility to ensure this before flying.

You can not look up the registration number in any FAA system given a serial number. Since this is from a reseller, it probably doesn't have a current, valid registration with the FAA.

The solution is simple: Call the reseller and verify that they have not registered the drone, then use your registration number. Write it on a piece of masking tape that can easily be removed.

To All,

First off, I am located in the USA and refering the US Federal Aviation Administration only. I received a loaner, Matrice 350 RTK drone today, from a commercial drone reseller. I have it for a week. I am using the loaner to familiarize myself with it, before doing a training class for one of my companies clients who purcahse one a while ago and never learned how to use it.

I assumed the drone would come with a valid registration # afixed to the hull of the drone. There was noting on the drone, except a label that read, "ALPHA". This is not a valid FAA registration number.

All I have is a Serial Number for the drone. Is there anyway to look up the status of registration, using just the make and model & serial number?

Thanks In Advance
I called the reseller, they told me they would get back to me, as soon as they do some checking with their demo team.

I went ahead and registered the drone under my faadronezone account. It has been a week, still waiting for the call back from the reseller...lol

Love Flying This Beast!

Matrice-HAC-Airport.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman