DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asking for your 2 cents, Air 3 or Mini 4 pro

BTW- I expect to take a lot of flack for my comments, but you can just save them up for another day.
I will not save my comment!! :cool:

That's very good advice! I have seen the exact same thing happen. As you are saying It isn't wise to jump right into something with both feet because you are just asking to fail. plus The OP seems a bit confused as to how exactly he will make money with his new Hobby. I will say I don't make good money with my drone biz- It pretty much just helps pay for my recreational drone hobby.
I find it sort of perplexing myself that some will think that because you can fly the drone, Well then: Mastering Mapping or professional Photography will be just mere simple steps in their training. When in fact the exact opposite is true.
I Know some Drone pilots that make Huge money, and They are very sought after for what they do. BUT These Guys have all sorts of degrees in their fields and for them the drone came as a tool. and for some- The use of that tool turned into a hobby. NOW please TexasEric I am not saying that this is you and Many people Make some money with their drones without knowing to much about the ins and outs of the things they start with -ME for instance! Just some food for thought.

Reactions: TexasEric
No offense taken at all. This is well stated and comes from a place of caring.
I appreciate it. Primarily I am getting a drone to have fun with responsibly, and hopefully getting my little girls to do as well. I am also looking to make some cool videos and photos as well. I think learning this would be fun. Finally, possibly meet some new people as well.

I dont have a business plan of any kind. I am just trying figure a way to earn a some cash on weekends, to supplement my existing income. This is the complicating factor of choosing which drone.

If I never earn a dollar with drone I am out a few hundred bucks, and some lost time getting my part 107. The Black Friday sale at the pilot institute saved me saved that much already. Overall, not making any money would not be the end of the world.

Most importantly your thoughts are valid and welcomed.

Reactions: Cafguy
Primarily I am getting a drone to have fun with responsibly, and hopefully getting my little girls to do as well.
In that case I'd be inclined to recommend a cheap Mini to learn on and develop skills in flying and photography/videography. Once you get more experience you can decide if you want to invest more in the hobby or not. If you go professional you'll need a backup drone anyway, and if you stay amateur it can either be a backup drone, the drone you're willing to risk for tricky shots, or a drone for your daughters.

I'm an amateur photographer who's sold pictures, and the size/cost of my camera had no effect on which pictures sold and how much people paid for them. People tend to assume I'm professional when they see the D800 with a big lens, but some of my sales were shot with a point-and-shoot (the best camera is the camera you have with you).

In that case I'd be inclined to recommend a cheap Mini to learn on and develop skills in flying and photography/videography. Once you get more experience you can decide if you want to invest more in the hobby or not. If you go professional you'll need a backup drone anyway, and if you stay amateur it can either be a backup drone, the drone you're willing to risk for tricky shots, or a drone for your daughters.

I'm an amateur photographer who's sold pictures, and the size/cost of my camera had no effect on which pictures sold and how much people paid for them. People tend to assume I'm professional when they see the D800 with a big lens, but some of my sales were shot with a point-and-shoot (the best camera is the camera you have with you).
I already said all of that but I agree with you. Also on the old saying, the best camera is the one with you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas