DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Need Your Recommendations for Power Bank to charge Mavic 3 Batteries

That falls under the max output of those Anker bricks, and is why I don't understand the incompatibility... unless you are using the usb-a port.. even then, it would charge yet be slow about it.
Anker brick 737 is 20000 mah, 86.4 wh. The Anker 250 Watt prime is 27,650mAh 99.54Wh
Anything under 100 Wh is TSA approved. I would call the airline just in case though.
Here is the official note on American AirlinesAmerican Airline Battery Regulation.png

DustyDJI
Here is a photo of one of my 3 DJI Mavic 3 batteries showing 5000mAh 77Wh (watt hours).

Here is also the American Airlines rules, maximum 2 batteries not exceeding 160 Wh (watt hours) each. I have three (3) batteries, each one 77 Watt hours (Wh) doesn't exceed 160Wh. It looks like it might be a go. What do you all think?

Here is my DJI Mavic 3 battery showing View attachment 174184View attachment 174185
How large is the battery in the power bank?

I have three (3) batteries, each one 77 Watt hours (Wh) doesn't exceed 160Wh. It looks like it might be a go. View attachment 174185

American says a maximum of two batteries are allowed on board per passenger. So, three DJI Mavic 3 Pro batteries will not be a go unless your wife puts one in her carry-on bag. Any additional battery bank also would also have to be considered. The one you mentioned falls under the maximum capacity, so it could be carried as her second allowable battery.

The phrase "with airline approval" is a bit bothersome. You might want to make a written or emailed request for approval for the specific items you want to take and take that with you to show the gate agent of cabin crew if they raise an issue.

I remember having batteries detected and checked for a flight in Italy 20 years or so ago. I've heard nothing about battery issues in carry-on baggage lately.

American says a maximum of two batteries are allowed on board per passenger. So, three DJI Mavic 3 Pro batteries will not be a go unless your wife puts one in her carry-on bag. Any additional battery bank also would also have to be considered. The one you mentioned falls under the maximum capacity, so it could be carried as her second allowable battery.

The phrase "with airline approval" is a bit bothersome. You might want to make a written or emailed request for approval for the specific items you want to take and take that with you to show the gate agent of cabin crew if they raise an issue.

I remember having batteries detected and checked for a flight in Italy 20 years or so ago. I've heard nothing about battery issues in carry-on baggage lately.
Although I quoted American Airlines, the ticket is actually am American mileage ticket using British Airways Miami-Heathrow-Istanbul, then Turkish Airways , Istanbul to Bishkek (capital of Kyrgystan). It is awful! It's nearly impossible for me to find out about Turkish Airways, and not so easy with British Airways either. When asked at the counter, I always say no to lipo batteries and I have traveled all over the world with these batteries. Would really hate to have them confiscated. My tour company has agreed to carry the M3 drone and I will carry the batteries carry on.

All of this is an additional problem to whether or not I can get a power bank or the car battery charger from DJI (I own) to charge the batteries for the days we are off the grid.

Dale

Although I quoted American Airlines, the ticket is actually am American mileage ticket using British Airways Miami-Heathrow-Istanbul, then Turkish Airways , Istanbul to Bishkek (capital of Kyrgystan). It is awful! It's nearly impossible for me to find out about Turkish Airways, and not so easy with British Airways either. When asked at the counter, I always say no to lipo batteries and I have traveled all over the world with these batteries. Would really hate to have them confiscated. My tour company has agreed to carry the M3 drone and I will carry the batteries carry on.

All of this is an additional problem to whether or not I can get a power bank or the car battery charger from DJI (I own) to charge the batteries for the days we are off the grid.

Dale

Here's the British Airways policy. It's more liberal than that of American. You can even check the drone with a battery installed.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 140302.jpg

If you would rather have a car charger, here is a GREAT one. It charges 3 simutaneously, ot can discharge to a level of your choice and is AC/DC. I have one for my Air 2S and one for my Classic.

Hanatora Multi Function Dual Input Charger with Storage Charge,Discharge for DJI Mavic 3 Series Battery,Wall & Car Parallel Charing hub for Mavic 3 Pro/Classic/Cine Drone Accessories Amazon.com

This is what I suspected it works through charging hub not if charged in drone. I guess I need a charging hub.

Thanks for validating

Reactions: mavic3usa
This is what I suspected it works through charging hub not if charged in drone. I guess I need a charging hub.

Thanks for validating
Yep doesn't charge with the battery in the drone; need some type of hub/stand.

anker3.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J