Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Need Your Recommendations for Power Bank to charge Mavic 3 Batteries

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Hi Forum:

I've been looking through Amazon for the best purchase of a power bank that I can recharge my Mavic 3 drone batteries while away from electricity for 2 to 3 days. I am planning travel to the remote country of Kyrgystan where we will be staying in yurts and tents and away from electricity. I already have the DJI Mavic 3 car recharging set, and we will be going by car for long periods of time. Yet, I am afraid that with my puny power banks (15,000 mAH and 10,000mAH) they will not be able to charge the M3 batteries.
What power bank would you recommend for me? It has to be portable and able to be carried in baggage or overhead storage. Charging will also be available from the car battery while in camp.

Dale
Miami

I don't know much about the different power banks but how does this one look?

Anker Prime Power Bank, 27,650mAh 3-Port 250W Portable Charger (99.54Wh)
Hey Mavic3USA:

Thanks for your jumping right onto this question with your help. You hit the right question immediately when stating that you didn't know about the different power banks, because neither do I!!! This one you sent is

27,650mAh 3-Port 250W Portable Charger . (expensive, for me, on amazon).​

The REAL question is, how many mAh and Watts does the Mavic 3 battery need? I found this on Google.

A higher amp hour battery does really have more capacity. Additionally, they typically last longer than smaller Ah batteries for the same amount of power consumption. A 4Ah battery has twice the capacity of a 2Ah battery, which makes it more durable under the same conditions, that is, it can provide longer use time.

So how many amp hours and watts do I need to charge the Mavic 3 battery?

I probably should put in a call to DJI. But I am happy to wait a bit for the FORUM to reply.

Dale

Yeah sorry I only know a little about power supply batteries like the Ecoflow chargers which I have about 6 different models. I prefer to keep a bunch of drone batteries rather than relying on re-charging the same 2 or 3 batteries. However, the Anker above and this one, are highly recommended in the Apple Vision Pro forum since that device has a 2 hr battery and could use a boost so I thought I would post it. Otherwise, I cannot tell you the best way to keep your drone batteries recharged for super-extended periods of time in the field. Sounds like a fun trip!

Yeah sorry I only know a little about power supply batteries like the Ecoflow chargers which I have about 6 different models. I prefer to keep a bunch of drone batteries rather than relying on re-charging the same 2 or 3 batteries. However, the Anker above and this one, are highly recommended in the Apple Vision Pro forum since that device has a 2 hr battery and could use a boost so I thought I would post it. Otherwise, I cannot tell you the best way to keep your drone batteries recharged for super-extended periods of time in the field. Sounds like a fun trip!
Thanks again. Yes, we are looking forward to it- 6 photographers and two pros as guides run by Justin Black, from his company Visionary Wild. If you are interested in his amazing photo workshops, watch the video for the trip on, VisionaryWild.com

Dale
Miami

Thanks again. Yes, we are looking forward to it- 6 photographers and two pros as guides run by Justin Black, from his company Visionary Wild. If you are interested in his amazing photo workshops, watch the video for the trip on, VisionaryWild.com

Dale
Miami
I would advise a solar array, something large enough to charge your power bank. Not necessarily this one, just something along these lines -

If you have enough time, buy one and test it before going....if you get it from amazon and you decide you don't like it....just send it back

The REAL question is, how many mAh and Watts does the Mavic 3 battery need? I found this on Google.
The specs are below. How many recharges do you anticipate needing? If it's a limited number, you might compare the cost and weight of just packing additional batteries and charging them at the last opportunity before going off grid.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 151034.jpg

EcoFlow and similar power banks are an option. An EcoFlow Delta 2 offers 1024 Wh of capacity, so you'd get at most 13 full charges or about 17 charges from 25% to 100%. The unit weighs 27 pounds and costs about $600. I doubt that it could be checked as baggage on a flight.

A smaller model might be adequate to meet your needs. There's a $200, 11-pound unit rated at 288 Wh that would give you as many as five 25-100% charges.

(These sorts of devices are deceptively and ridiculously marketed as "generators" or "solar generators." They don't generate anything; they're simply battery banks.)

The specs are below. How many recharges do you anticipate needing? If it's a limited number, you might compare the cost and weight of just packing additional batteries and charging them at the last opportunity before going off grid.

View attachment 174052
MS Coast
I have been on "Support" with DJI and asked them for a product they would advise for recharging the Mavic 3 battery. They say DJI has already released in China the following product. The support lady said it was in Chinese, so I opened there web site and used Google translate and here it is. She said it was just released in China only and will be available here later.

I converted 2,999 yen into USD and it does not make sense at $19.78!!! But this ad does give some power information if I could just understand it!''
Dale Davis
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 4.53.10 PM.png

MS Coast
I have been on "Support" with DJI and asked them for a product they would advise for recharging the Mavic 3 battery. They say DJI has already released in China the following product. The support lady said it was in Chinese, so I opened there web site and used Google translate and here it is. She said it was just released in China only and will be available here later.

I converted 2,999 yen into USD and it does not make sense at $19.78!!! But this ad does give some power information if I could just understand it!''
Dale Davis
View attachment 174054
OOOPS! It is $414.63 in Chinese Yuan (not yen). Forget about it. It's a monster!

Hey Mavic3USA:

Thanks for your jumping right onto this question with your help. You hit the right question immediately when stating that you didn't know about the different power banks, because neither do I!!! This one you sent is

27,650mAh 3-Port 250W Portable Charger . (expensive, for me, on amazon).​

A higher amp hour battery does really have more capacity. Additionally, they typically last longer than smaller Ah batteries for the same amount of power consumption. A 4Ah battery has twice the capacity of a 2Ah battery, which makes it more durable under the same conditions, that is, it can provide longer use time.

So how many amp hours and watts do I need to charge the Mavic 3 battery?

I probably should put in a call to DJI. But I am happy to wait a bit for the FORUM to reply.

Dale
I bought one of those Anker Power Banks but it was the 140Watt version instead of 250. 24,000 mAh instead of 27650. around 100.00 and some change at Best Buy.
It charges my Air 3 with 3 batteries in the block from about 40%. I haven't used it much for the drone batteries, but use it for everything else. Laptop, phone, AAA, AA chargers.
But I don't see any problems charging 3 drone batteries, then recharge the power bank using a cig lighter. It charges fast and lets you know how much the battery is drawing from it.
Here is this one on amazon. Amazon.com

I bought one of those Anker Power Banks but it was the 140Watt version instead of 250. 24,000 mAh instead of 27650. around 100.00 and some change at Best Buy.
It charges my Air 3 with 3 batteries in the block from about 40%. I haven't used it much for the drone batteries, but use it for everything else. Laptop, phone, AAA, AA chargers.
But I don't see any problems charging 3 drone batteries, then recharge the power bank using a cig lighter. It charges fast and lets you know how much the battery is drawing from it.
Here is this one on amazon. Amazon.com
Dusty DJI
This one looks great. Did you actually charge three 3 Air batteries in the charging block?
Dale

Dusty DJI
This one looks great. Did you actually charge three 3 Air batteries in the charging block?
Dale
They were between 40 and 60% when I first charged them and it did charge along with topping off the RC2 controller. Actually, I am going to hook it up tonight and charge the three batteries, they are at 40-60%. I could let you know how long it took and how much more charge I have left in the block when its done.
I do know this is a great little power block. It chargers my MacBook Pro m3 Pro from 10% to full and will charge my iPhone as well, at the same time.

They were at 40% and it did charge then along with topping off the RC2 controller. Actually, I am going to hook it up tonight and charge the three batteries, they are at 40-60%. I could let you know how long it took and how much more charge I have left in the block when its done.
I do know this is a great little power block. It chargers my MacBook Pro m3 Pro from 10% to full and will charge my iPhone as well, at the same time.
Yes Dusty DJI
That would be great. Please give me a follow up tomorrow when you recharge the batteries.

[email protected]

MS Coast

Dale Davis
View attachment 174054
Appears to be a smaller unit as well:

Hi Dale,
I have used a Goal Zero power bank and solar panels. Although Goal Zero tends to be on the expensive side, they make versatile solid devices that can charge multiple devices in numerous ways and can be recharged in a variety of ways as well.

I have a Goal Zero Sherpa power bank that was purchased in 2016 for a trip to Fundy National Park where we were off grid for two weeks staying in an oTentik. We used it to charge camera batteries, phones/iPad, an action camera and a computer. I still have and use that Power Bank daily - 8 years later!

You might want to check their website and see what they currently offer.

Chris

Appears to be a smaller unit as well:

MS Coast- this is still a beast to carry on an airplane. I read the article re Chinese renminbi(Yuan) vs Japanese Yen. They are all the same to me as I convert them to USD on my app. I've done extensive travel in both China ( the entire country from east to west and north to south) , as well as Japan. They are both amazing places. We went to the Yunnan province all the way up to Tibet and the Nepalese border, as well as an extensive Japan tour. (different trips).
I may go for the $90.00 Anker shown here. I have a support call into Anker.

Dale Davis
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 6.01.15 PM.png

Hi Dale,
I have used a Goal Zero power bank and solar panels. Although Goal Zero tends to be on the expensive side, they make versatile solid devices that can charge multiple devices in numerous ways and can be recharged in a variety of ways as well.

I have a Goal Zero Sherpa power bank that was purchased in 2016 for a trip to Fundy National Park where we were off grid for two weeks staying in an oTentik. We used it to charge camera batteries, phones/iPad, an action camera and a computer. I still have and use that Power Bank daily - 8 years later!

You might want to check their website and see what they currently offer.

Chris
Thanks so much for your input Chris. It is confusing as hell.

Reactions: Chrislaf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J