DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

At 1.03.0200 - Any reason to upgrade?

Thanks for all the info, folks. I believe I will take it to .400.

I personally think .700 is rock solid. You for one cannot use the DJI Goggles without .700.

I have had multiple problems between FW version .400 and .600. Starting with controller telling me to remove gimble lock and motor overheating. Gimble out of control. No vertices control of camera. You name it, I've had problems. Tried upgrading/downgrading FW. Finally upgraded to .700 and guess what? No more problems. Holding my fingers crossed. Have restarted several times with absolutely no problems. Huray.

I have had multiple problems between FW version .400 and .600. Starting with controller telling me to remove gimble lock and motor overheating. Gimble out of control. No vertices control of camera. You name it, I've had problems. Tried upgrading/downgrading FW. Finally upgraded to .700 and guess what? No more problems. Holding my fingers crossed. Have restarted several times with absolutely no problems. Huray.

But what about performance degradation like only being able to use battery down to 16% and other things? 700 is tightening what used to be allowed. Often these issues are not mentioned when trying to convince others who are on the fence to jump in and "upgrade". I heard horror stories where Mavic thinks it is in a NFZ Limit and drop out of the sky like a rock when it wasn't anywhere close to being in a No fly zone, this all started with 500 and getting worse with the database and its false positives climbing in each subsequent version.

Yes if you use DJI assistant2 it will give you an option for version .400 to .700
There is also a method to do it from the DJI app. Ask some of the other guys, I don't update from the APP because I find it to be too much of a hit or miss.

Whatever you do you better do it soon! We are already on borrowed time when it comes to .400
DJI may take it off their website at any time.

Rob
It's always been successful. Maybe it just doesn't like you, and likes me better. :p

I am no expert and have no idea what I am talking about but every time it shows there is an upgrade available I just let the app download and install it. Once I even did an upgrade sitting in a park using the hotspot from my iPhone 7+ to the iPhone 6 connected to the controller. Never a problem and the drone always flys fine.

On the dji app. Hold the 3 dots for a few seconds and it will come up.

Turn on mavic, connect to controller, turn on app, hold dots, pick the firmware you want and download

But what about performance degradation like only being able to use battery down to 16% and other things? 700 is tightening what used to be allowed. Often these issues are not mentioned when trying to convince others who are on the fence to jump in and "upgrade". I heard horror stories where Mavic thinks it is in a NFZ Limit and drop out of the sky like a rock when it wasn't anywhere close to being in a No fly zone, this all started with 500 and getting worse with the database and its false positives climbing in each subsequent version.

I guess you have to sometimes give up something to gain another. Fact is, I can finally fly my Mavic. Would be nice if everything got fixed each time, but guess that'll never happen.

Loaded DJ Assistant 2 on PC (Had it from my old P3S but removed it) and upgraded to .400 will fly to tonight to see results.
Hoping Gimbal thing is gone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife