DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attempting a new update

Joe Cosentino

Reactions
I did the air space update, then it said there was a firm ware update so I started as usual the app says 100% downloaded but it still has the animation running showing files downloading, the controller says ready to fly. Mavic sitting on the table with yellow light flashing about once a second.

this has never happened before it usually goes smooth, whats the next step.

Thanks
Joe

Everything has to first download and then it needs to actually install and update. Exactly the same as doing updates on a computer.
the download said100% but most times the update to the mavic just starts it didn't this time. I took the chance and closed the app and reopened it and the app says I have a upgrade and it just started to update the drone.

I just flew it for 20 minutes everything seems ok

Thanks
Joe

So far I have had seemless updates, probably lucky I guess, but I have always done them with WiFi and not the Assistant.
Like I said maybe one of the lucky ones. Glad yours updated ok.

the download said100% but most times the update to the mavic just starts it didn't this time. I took the chance and closed the app and reopened it and the app says I have a upgrade and it just started to update the drone.

I just flew it for 20 minutes everything seems ok

Thanks
Joe

Exact same thing happened to me when I updated to the .800 F/W. The iPad showed that the download was 100% in Go4 but everything just sat there. After about 5 minutes of that, I powered everything down and restarted. Go4 showed the update was downloaded and it went through the upgrade - Mavic, Controller and the Battery. I then had to update the other 4 batteries, but everything worked fine.

.900 yesterday went in without any problem.

Good Flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31