DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australians - Taking my Mavic on a Qantas flight?

mschwind200

Reactions
Hi,

I have read the Australian rules for brining Lipo batteries onto flights and I know I can do it.

But for those Australians out there or people who have been to Sydney Airport, did customs ever stop you or did you ever get asked to clear out your bag or something? I'm going away in 2 weeks and I just want everything to go smoothly.

Thanks

Hi,

I have read the Australian rules for brining Lipo batteries onto flights and I know I can do it.

But for those Australians out there or people who have been to Sydney Airport, did customs ever stop you or did you ever get asked to clear out your bag or something? I'm going away in 2 weeks and I just want everything to go smoothly.

Thanks
(Leaving from Sydney Airport heading to LA then New York)

Depends on the day and the person on the desk. Sometimes it's a wave through other times you will get someone flexing their power.
End of the day you are permitted, so just make sure you check in with time for any hassals

I always print out the rules of the airlines and pack it with the drone. That way if I get stopped, I just show them exactly what's printed on their website.

Reactions: flabombarda
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt