DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto focus issue

Eric Wong

Reactions
Hi,I could not get my Mavic to focus image clearly even by tapping on the screen.Constantly blurred image all the time after having updating to the firmware.I had also tried resetting the gumball setting but still fail.Please help!

Tried that too but failed.Funny thing is I did not even crash my Mavic once.Thank you for yr advice by the way.

I don't want to insult you but I have to ask.
Are you using the gimbal dome?
Is this a new mavic, did you remove the plastic protection cover on the front of the lens?

He's not alone, I just started having the same issue today. I've flown it a few times since updating with no issue and then today I go to take off and everything is just slightly blurry (no gimbal cover obviously). What's odd is even when manually adjusting I can't get it to 100% clear. I brought it down thinking I had smudged the lense with my finger or something and it was pristine.

I haven't checked the recorded footage yet to see if it may be a transmission issue but something is definitely wonky with the focus. It's hard to tell with everything blurry but when manually focusing, it almost seems like the focus in range (macro to infinity) is also cut off, meaning once I get about halfway through the scroll it no longer adjusts the focus on the infinity side and I don't think I'm getting the full extent on the macro side either. I used to be able to clearly see the ground below when I landed but now the closest I can focus on is about 2 feet away.

Well I had to ask, you never know.
Don't get me started on the firmware updates changing things and not noting them in the change log. I could see DJI changing the minimum focus on macro because they probably figure the mavic won't get closer then two feet with the ovoidsnce sensors, and if its lower then two feet then they think your landing.

When was the last update your did? What version firmware are you running?
The only way to tell if this is a firmware thing is to let people know what version you have when you experience the issue. Then we might start to see a pattern that we can get DJI to recognize and then fix.
Scott

I've just started searching the forum here for help as well, I'm loosing my mind. When I first received my Mavic late in the year last year, video was crisp, clear, and very detailed. Living in the north didn't give me many opportunities to test the Mavic but when I did the footage was great. Recently bought Autopilot and got caught up in DJI's firmware error until the latest was released and fixed the issue. What's killing me though is the video I'm getting (4K) is absolutely horrible. At first I wondered if it was something I was doing wrong with my newest purchase, Final Cut Pro but no longer think that. Then thought maybe the new Polar ND filters I bought were causing it but I have the same results without. I've tried tests with Autopilot and with DJI Go4 and focus hunts and everything looks like a water color painting. Never had this issue prior and the drone is unusable in terms of video. I've done the full firmware refresh via the desktop (mac) program, the gimbal reset, the camera reset, and the MCU calibration and I still have this issue. I cannot be the only one but cannot determine the issue.

The other day I drove to the coast to get some footage and the camera wouldn't focus either. I hadn't updated it since the last time I used it when it was working fine. Its like it's set to minimum focus constantly. Even when I tried manual focus it doesn't change a thing. I went on to reset camera settings and update the firmware. Still no change, so I did a factory reset yet still no change. Anybody else having this issue and resolved it?

Mines doing the same thing...Tap the screen and it focuses for a second then back to blurry. I had to use manual focus instead. Hope there is an answer soon !

I went to manual focus a while ago and haven't looked back. Seems to be really needed at night.

same thing happened to me, bought mavic last thursday. it happened to me on my 14th flight, in hazy weather conditions. At first i thought the blur is there because of the fog (autofocus did the beep thing - so i thought it should be okay). Footage came out of focus :) what i did is that i recalibrated the gimbal, and reset camera - now it works fine.

I have re calibrated too and nothing. When I tap the screen it beeps too but is still focussed at a minimum. Manual focus does nothing either. It's so frustrating, dji emailed me saying that I'll have to send it in for them to assess. I'll keep you guys posted

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming