DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto launch height

Jon1976

Reactions
When you hit the launch button it’s supposed to go up 4 feet and hover, my MA goes about 20 feet. I was wondering if there’s a setting somewhere for this, I couldn’t find one.

When you hit the launch button it’s supposed to go up 4 feet and hover, my MA goes about 20 feet. I was wondering if there’s a setting somewhere for this, I couldn’t find one.
Yes there is. Right before you launch be sure not to click the radio button indicating a more exact point of recognizing where its suppose to land. It will only ascend 4 ft otherwise. Just tried this so I know it works. I once had the same question.

Here's the box you want to uncheck:

103044smdbj4eimriqgedi.png

I've never see that, nor does mine go up to 20m when I auto take off. I have precision landing set to on as well. Maybe I have just never noticed the box.

What firmware versions are you using? What Go4 app version are you using? Earlier versions didn't have precision takeoff point as an option.

What firmware versions are you using? What Go4 app version are you using? Earlier versions didn't have precision takeoff point as an option.

That would be it. I haven't updated for a while.

I've never see that, nor does mine go up to 20m when I auto take off. I have precision landing set to on as well. Maybe I have just never noticed the box.

The checked box made the difference, but now two question....

Do you still need to go 20m high to set the RTH point and how long to hover there for?

I tried my iPad instead of my phone and it did another update for the firmware. Is that normal?

- liked the iPad but bulky. Would like a mini.

Do you still need to go 20m high to set the RTH point and how long to hover there for?

This is what DJI says: "The Mavic needs to capture footage of the ground during take-off to record its appearance. This means that you should give the Mavic sufficient time during its ascent and fly up to around 10m above your takeoff point , instead of flying away immediately after take-off."

Basically, let it get to that height (10 m), hover a few seconds, and then you can move away. How long is that precisely? Well, how long is a piece of string?

I tried my iPad instead of my phone and it did another update for the firmware. Is that normal?

Firmware is stored in the aircraft, the controller, and the batteries (and goggles if you use those). It has nothing (technically) to do with your device.

Did you change to a new battery between updates? Sometimes, battery firmware must be updated as well and if you have multiple batteries, the update will appear to occur multiple times (each time you use a battery that hasn't been updated).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark