DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autofocus then Manual focus question

Rick0504N

Reactions
When recording video on MP, I know that a lot of folks start off in Auto Focus (not AFC), tap the screen to capture a focus point ,then switch to Manual focus to retain infinity focus.

Is there a recommended or required distance that the auto focus should be performed?

Is it best to choose an object that is 10 feet away? 100 feet?

I’ve seen where the MP is taken straight up about 100 feet with camera facing downward, tap the screen to set the auto focus to the ground point, then switch to Manual focus to lock in that focus point.

Just wondering what the best way is to do this.

Reactions: sonof40
I just raise it up, look at something in the distance, and set the focus on that. I don't pay any attention to what the actual distance is, just what the majority of my shot will be looking at. If the lighting is dim you can zoom in to set the focus then zoom back out (MP/MPP) to record.

I should be doing that with my M2Z. My recording with my first battery last Sunday was a bit blurry. I didn't notice it from my tablet.

Found a thread that goes through the process of determining hyper focus for the Mavic Pro and it seems that the ideal autofocus distant is about 40 ft. I’ll try it out next time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting