DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot offline

Dtrain515

Reactions
Has anyone used autopilot without cell service?

I'll be traveling to some remote locations in the mountains next week and the cell service will be spotty or I won't have it at all. I'm concerned about being able to use the autonomous features of this great software if the map is unavailable. So my questions are:

1. Do the maps cache like the DJI Go app? Which sucks because I don't know the exact locations I'll be filming and we're going to be covering a lot of area in the backcountry. Haven't been able to get out and test yet but it looks like this may work.

2. Has anyone tried downloading the offline google maps to see if it will work with autopilot? I'm on an iPhone 7+ with the latest iOS and haven't been able to get it to work successfully. Which I would expect with trying to interface an apple app with google maps.

3. Any other tips or advice on how I could get this to work would be greatly appreciated.

1) Yes
2) No
3) Cache the maps. I doubt anyone gets in the car and magically ends up in the backwoods right, part of being a good pilot is being prepared.

1) Yes
2) No
3) Cache the maps. I doubt anyone gets in the car and magically ends up in the backwoods right, part of being a good pilot is being prepared.

Not completely true DodgeP. There was this one time about 25 years ago I was at a friends house and after several hours of partying I magically woke up in my car in the backwoods. Have no idea how I got there to this day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78