DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Autumn Skye - Showreel

Hon, anyonce can do it, it just takes practice and patience... Yes, ask questions and look at how others do things, even copy their ways of working, but you will reach a point of being happy with what you are capturing - or at least not unhappy with it. Then its about finding your own unique style and viewpoint. My way of working is to go for really relxing 4K with a chiill out vibe, and occassionally I will try something different - hence the AVATA - but once you have the piece of music to use then that dictates the edit...

Seasonal holiday blessings to you and yours, and of course anyone else on the forum, whatever and however you celebrate may it bring joy and happiness. And may 2024 bless us all with health, wealth, happiness and of course clear skies and light winds for drone flying :)
Here here😀

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Sooo, all of my footage from the Skye trip is now procesed, and all that remains is to post the 2 showreels, ths is the first, all from Skye itself, a magickal island where we had an amazing week of stunning weather - especially given the time of year! Taken with the aAIR3 and MINI3 Pro, flown manually and edited / manually graded in DaVinci Resolve 18...

Still to come is a shorter showreel for Lewis and Harris, and then I want to create a 2023 showreel, although with 140 plus video's from the last 12 months I am not sure just how to trim it all down to fit in one video...

Anyhows, I hope you enjoy this montage from Skye in Autumn 2023....

Great stuff. I presume this is Isle of Skye up NW in Scotland? We are visiting there next Sept and wondered what it looks like that time of year from the drone. Will definitely do a little fly when there. Isnt there a lighthouse thats quite amazing?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Great stuff. I presume this is Isle of Skye up NW in Scotland? We are visiting there next Sept and wondered what it looks like that time of year from the drone. Will definitely do a little fly when there. Isnt there a lighthouse thats quite amazing?
Thank you.... Yes there is only one Isle of Skye, this footage was captured in late October, so not too much time diference, but take plenty of Midge spray for early September... It is an amazinh place to fly, far too many places to capture in one week, especially when we were with friends, so drone flying was somewhat limited, I couldnt take as long s I wanted for each flight as friends were waiting for me in order to move on...

The Lighthouse I think you mean is Neist Point, sadly we didnt get chance to visit on this trip - we had a week on Skye, but interrupted by 2 days on Lewis and Harris, so ran out of time to do all the places on Skye - most of our time was spent around the Trotternish Peninsula and Portree, wth one trip to the Fairy Pools and one trip to Elgol..

We are back to Skye in June, so hopefully I can capture some more of the places we missed on that trip :)

Hope you have an awesome trip in September, and that the weather Gods are kind to you...

Reactions: dozzn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas