DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Adventures 2023 - this year's drone footage showreel

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
With 140+ video's filmed and edited this year I have been trying to condense that into a single showreel of the best clips to share on the last day of the year. As expected, his has proven to be a very difficult job!

There is much that has not been included, and a lot of the clips are shorter than I would normally use, but for good or ill this is what I have managed to come up with... There is an original - longer - 9 minute version, which I may share in the future - if folks really want to see it...

A guitar version of the stunning Hans Zimmer composition 'Time' has been use for the soundtrack, it is a piece of music I have long wanted to use, hopefully the footage does the music justice...

Locations included in the showreel are Skye, Lewis and Harris, Tongue, Orkney, the Black Isle, Manchester, Rannoch Moor, Glen Etive, Glencoe and more besides...

Fantastic video and a perfect soundtrack. Your time and effort really paid off.
Thank you kindly... This was the 3rd attempt to make the showreel, but the first one I was really happy with..

Just one problem! How are you going to top that?
Your film is amazing. Inserting that Manchester? nightime clip was a stroke of genius. It defines the differences between the congested English city to that of the empty Scottish countryside.
Still so so jealous of your travels. Unfortunately my age (mid 70s) means that I am limited mobilitywise in getting to some of these places where you have filmed and I console myself with flying for fun in some close locales. Indeed, I for one would like to see the extended video clips.

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Your film is amazing. Inserting that Manchester? nightime clip was a stroke of genius. It defines the differences between the congested English city to that of the empty Scottish countryside.
Still so so jealous of your travels. Unfortunately my age (mid 70s) means that I am limited mobilitywise in getting to some of these places where you have filmed and I console myself with flying for fun in some close locales. Indeed, I for one would like to see the extended video clips.
Thanks, I wanted to include some night time shots, but wasn't sure it would work, glad it was appreciated...

Totally agree, I am now getting nevous of how to further improve on what we have done...

Totally understand the mobility issues, and yet the last 3 Scottish trips we had friends and family with us in their late 70's, often you can fly from near a parking spot, negating some of the mobility issues, but it does take planning... The MiL is 77, and was crawling into Neolithic tombs in Orkney, and friends in their late 70's were walking with us on Skye - we just take our time and stop when needed...

Longer version....

@AlbionDrones hi Suzanne ,what a great way to end your incredible drone journey in 2023

@AlbionDrones hi Suzanne ,what a great way to end your incredible drone journey in 2023
Thank you OMM, appreciated... It has been a great journey so far, 16 months from start to where we are now... Here's to another great 12 months of drone flying for us all!

Reactions: old man mavic
With 140+ video's filmed and edited this year I have been trying to condense that into a single showreel of the best clips to share on the last day of the year. As expected, his has proven to be a very difficult job!

There is much that has not been included, and a lot of the clips are shorter than I would normally use, but for good or ill this is what I have managed to come up with... There is an original - longer - 9 minute version, which I may share in the future - if folks really want to see it...

A guitar version of the stunning Hans Zimmer composition 'Time' has been use for the soundtrack, it is a piece of music I have long wanted to use, hopefully the footage does the music justice...

Locations included in the showreel are Skye, Lewis and Harris, Tongue, Orkney, the Black Isle, Manchester, Rannoch Moor, Glen Etive, Glencoe and more besides...

It was a great year Will be watching next year for sure. Thank You

• Love
It was a great year Will be watching next year for sure. Thank You
Thank you, appreciate the support... Now, how to improve for the coming year!!

Awesome!

Condensing huge volume of work into a reasonably short reel is always a challenge. You have chosen wisely and combined the clips seemlesly making the reel a pleasure to watch.
Wishing many exciting trips and adventures in 2024 and look forward to the new videos!

• Love
Condensing huge volume of work into a reasonably short reel is always a challenge. You have chosen wisely and combined the clips seemlesly making the reel a pleasure to watch.
Wishing many exciting trips and adventures in 2024 and look forward to the new videos!
Thank you kindly.... Hoping to get at least 4 trips to Scotland in this year, Fe, April, June and October, hopefully lots of chances to fly and get some good footage...

140+ videos? Suzanne, you were busy! Some of it shooting these beautiful locations, but then spending time with your computer to show off the best of your work. You are talented @ the controls of your drone, you are talented in the "studio" to allow us to see your magnificent adventures. If you will excuse me, I'm going to watch the 'long' version.

• Love
140+ videos? Suzanne, you were busy! Some of it shooting these beautiful locations, but then spending time with your computer to show off the best of your work. You are talented @ the controls of your drone, you are talented in the "studio" to allow us to see your magnificent adventures. If you will excuse me, I'm going to watch the 'long' version.
Thank you, I appreciate the comments and compliments... I am sure I have a touch of undiagnosed ADHD, the hyper focus is my superpower, if I am into something then I will focus on it absolutely, and work until I get the results I want, which I guess shows in the footage... I hope you also enjoy the longer version...

Reactions: Prop Wash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas