DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Avata at Calico Basin (Red Rock Canyon)

Great job! How do you get your rolls to look so smooth? I have the DJI FPV drone and am really struggling to get the roll smoothed out.

Great job! How do you get your rolls to look so smooth? I have the DJI FPV drone and am really struggling to get the roll smoothed out.
Thanks. The DJI FPV Drone has a flaw in the camera that causes rolls to hesitate and skip about half way through the roll. I assumed it was just my drone, but I have a back up FPV Drone and it does exactly the same skip. I suspect it must be a design flaw since you are experiencing the same thing. I just picked up a DJI Active 2 Camera and have it mounted piggy back on the FPV Drone and the rolls on that camera are butter smooth. Also, the active 2 camera has much better quality than the stock camera, the colors are much more vibrant and not washed out. Also, they are on special now for $239 which convinced me to pick one up :)

Reactions: Crash Pro
Thanks. The DJI FPV Drone has a flaw in the camera that causes rolls to hesitate and skip about half way through the roll. I assumed it was just my drone, but I have a back up FPV Drone and it does exactly the same skip. I suspect it must be a design flaw since you are experiencing the same thing. I just picked up a DJI Active 2 Camera and have it mounted piggy back on the FPV Drone and the rolls on that camera are butter smooth. Also, the active 2 camera has much better quality than the stock camera, the colors are much more vibrant and not washed out. Also, they are on special now for $239 which convinced me to pick one up :)
I have the Action 2 camera on my FPV drone and you’re right, it’s a much better camera than stock.

I still have that hesitation halfway through the roll and I keep trying different methods to smooth out, but so far nothing has worked. Very frustrating.

How’s the camera on the Avata? I haven’t really looked into it at all as I’ve already invested a ton of money into this hobby.

I have the Action 2 camera on my FPV drone and you’re right, it’s a much better camera than stock.

I still have that hesitation halfway through the roll and I keep trying different methods to smooth out, but so far nothing has worked. Very frustrating.

How’s the camera on the Avata? I haven’t really looked into it at all as I’ve already invested a ton of money into this hobby.
I switched to longer sticks on the Controller, gives a bit more precision for Manual mode where the sticks are being used more aggressively. I like to cut the throttle when entering a roll and then begin adding it back on during the last 90 degrees of the roll. This slows the roll down and helps smooth it out. Its important to have the throttle back to where you stated at the finish to avoid sinking.
The Avata has a great Camera. The FOV does not seem to be as wide as the DJI Action 2 but the qualtiy of the video seems very good. I have not tried putting the Action 2 cam on the Avata, just too much weight and not worth the risk imo.
And yes, it is an expensive hobby, but much cheaper than some of the others I have had, keeps me out of trouble :cool:

Reactions: Crash Pro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic