DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Swamp frog concerto along my local biking route, BC, Canada.

Amazing video! I thought you were going to hit that small branch at .56

Reactions: sarahb
Wow. That's just downright stunning. The photography, videography, and editing are wonderful.

I've just returned from a three-week camping and canoeing trip and enjoyed the way isolated wild places have their individual moods or senses about them. The video does a nice job of conveying that feeling for the pond.

A comment, disregard at will. The only thing that seemed odd is the clips that focus on the river after "arriving" at the pond.

Wow. That's just downright stunning. The photography, videography, and editing are wonderful.

I've just returned from a three-week camping and canoeing trip and enjoyed the way isolated wild places have their individual moods or senses about them. The video does a nice job of conveying that feeling for the pond.

A comment, disregard at will. The only thing that seemed odd is the clips that focus on the river after "arriving" at the pond.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. The creek is right next to the pond, the pond it is fed by a offshoot branch a little up stream and the outflow rejoins the creek, in my mind it is all the same location, but yes for the viewer this might seem confusing, you're correct. That would have been cleared if my opening scene included both the pond and the creek which I do have in archive, but I preferred the one with just the valley, the pond barely entering the scene and no river, as it had a bit o fog rolling over the trees :), I'm a sucker for clouds.

Amazing video! I thought you were going to hit that small branch at .56
Thank you, that was done with a camera on a slider all set up on the tree trunk, no drone in danger there :). This is shot with about 65% drone / 35% camera.

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. The creek is right next to the pond, the pond it is fed by a offshoot branch a little up stream and the outflow rejoins the creek, in my mind it is all the same location, but yes for the viewer this might seem confusing, you're correct. That would have been cleared if my opening scene included both the pond and the creek which I do have in archive, but I preferred the one with just the valley, the pond barely entering the scene and no river, as it had a bit o fog rolling over the trees :), I'm a sucker for clouds.
Yes, the misty clouds are wonderful. Is that a beaver pond or manmade?

Wow! That was fantastic! Loved the way you mixed up your shots, with high drone views, then close ups. The sound track was everything important to set the mood.
Please tell me how you got yourself biking through the woods from the high drone shot. I'm guessing you just put the drone up there posted at the bike trail and then did a quick run and then back for the drone?

Dale
Miami

Wow! That was fantastic! Loved the way you mixed up your shots, with high drone views, then close ups. The sound track was everything important to set the mood.
Please tell me how you got yourself biking through the woods from the high drone shot. I'm guessing you just put the drone up there posted at the bike trail and then did a quick run and then back for the drone?

Dale
Miami
Thank you, that was my limited attempt at creating my own music, not quite confident about it but ppl seem to be ok with it. Hopefully it gets better with more experience. Yes, essentially that is what I did, let it hover in place and make a quick run, which was a little sketchy when in the forest, local trees are massive and satellite connection might be an issue which causes the drone wobble, I was worried it was going to hit a branch but it all worked out well.

Very good. Love the photos/video at the swamp. The music fits and the included local sounds really sets it off.
Thank you, I've been focusing on field sound recording lately, gives me an extra motivation to go out, it also teaches me to better understand the sources of sounds.

Yes, the misty clouds are wonderful. Is that a beaver pond or manmade?
Definitely not beaver, there is a network of old logging roads and a service road that leads to the local fresh water reservoir, not sure how it originally came to be there, but I suspect the logging roads raised to be above the wetlands contributed to the water level of the pond.

Definitely not beaver, there is a network of old logging roads and a service road that leads to the local fresh water reservoir, not sure how it originally came to be there, but I suspect the logging roads raised to be above the wetlands contributed to the water level of the pond.
That might be the case. It's an interesting looking place. Something increased the water level and killed all those trees. I found myself looking for fish in the overhead shots.

That might be the case. It's an interesting looking place. Something increased the water level and killed all those trees. I found myself looking for fish in the overhead shots.
I did try to hover in place for 15min a few times dreaming to get a shot of a frog swimming, no luck. All I got was the drone mirror image, could not really get to water close enough anyway without causing ripples in water from the propellers. One day I'll get my shots.

Reactions: MS Coast
Amazing video! Very good filming,, editing... and music! Congrats

Reactions: DMD Cine Attic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy