DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

offline waypoint mission

Robin

Reactions
ok, so i was trying to set up offline waypoint mission.

mini 4 pro. RC2

drone offline

RC2 connected to wifi
RC2 latest firmware.

When I try to do mission, no map comes up, just blank screen. (i see compass type thing on bottom left)

Not sure its me or some restriction ?

RC2 on, goto connection guide, select mini 4, click camera view, blank screen and then select waypoint mission.

no maps, nothing.

any ideas please

Last edited:
You say drone offline. What does that mean. If the drone not turned on and connected to the controller? Also not sure why you'd need to choose Connection Guide if everything is turned on. Ensure your drone is on and connected and it's all ready to fly.

You say drone offline. What does that mean. If the drone not turned on and connected to the controller? Also not sure why you'd need to choose Connection Guide if everything is turned on. Ensure your drone is on and connected and it's all ready to fly.
Means drone is OFF.

The videos on youtube say you can plan a waypoint mission with drone off.

Means drone is OFF.

OK....if you're following all the guidelines it may be time for a call to DJI for clarification if there is something off with your setup. Hopefully somebody else here will chime in with something more helpful.

Reactions: Krrr
OK....if you're following all the guidelines it may be time for a call to DJI for clarification if there is something off with your setup. Hopefully somebody else here will chime in with something more helpful.
ok. Works fine with drone ON. But I want to set up some flights before going to location.
Everything else appears ok.

Me thinks the advice that it works with the drone off is simply wrong but of course I could be wrong and maybe it's supposed to work that way with that drone but I do a fair bit of waypoints with my Mav3Pro and Mini 4 Pro and immediately thought "oh...well the drone has to be on..." so I'm not shocked. I opened my Mini 4 Pro manual and did not see anyplace that said you could setup waypoints without the drone turned on. All the images they used were screens that can only be seen if the drone is turned on. Where exactly does it say it works to set waypoints on without the drone turned on?

Me thinks the advice that it works with the drone off is simply wrong but of course I could be wrong and maybe it's supposed to work that way with that drone but I do a fair bit of waypoints with my Mav3Pro and Mini 4 Pro and immediately thought "oh...well the drone has to be on..." so I'm not shocked. I opened my Mini 4 Pro manual and did not see anyplace that said you could setup waypoints without the drone turned on. All the images they used were screens that can only be seen if the drone is turned on. Where exactly does it say it works to set waypoints on without the drone turned on?
well multiple videos show it being done. Here is one
(from the marked post at 3:52)

ok, that did not embed but you can click on image above and it takes you to his video and goto 3:52 time stamp.

nobbygreen on YT, video from last month - title

DJI mini 4 Pro - Level up your footage with Waypoints! - From beginner to Pro!​

3:52 time stamp

I think you misunderstand that video. I'm not sure why he got the 'connection' screen but after that he chose his mini 4 pro (or whatever) and connected it. The screen that follows that time stamp is one you would only see if you had the drone connected. Problem solved as far as I can see. Connect the drone.

I think you misunderstand that video. I'm not sure why he got the 'connection' screen but after that he chose his mini 4 pro (or whatever) and connected it. The screen that follows that time stamp is one you would only see if you had the drone connected. Problem solved as far as I can see. Connect the drone.
but drone is not connected, see screen on rc2 1715356505216.png

but drone is not connected, see screen on rc2 View attachment 174935
Here is what I think is the solution. You can't get to the screen above without turning your drone on...but...after you turn it on your can then turn it off. You will see that Aircraft Not Connected as above but the screen will remain and you can work with the waypoint settings. So if you don't ever turn it on you're out of luck but you only need to turn it on in order to connect it and get to that screen and then you can turn it off. At least that worked for me after I grabbed my Mini 4 pro ....

Here is what I think is the solution. You can't get to the screen above without turning your drone on...but...after you turn it on your can then turn it off. You will see that Aircraft Not Connected as above but the screen will remain and you can work with the waypoint settings. So if you don't ever turn it on you're out of luck but you only need to turn it on in order to connect it and get to that screen and then you can turn it off. At least that worked for me after I grabbed my Mini 4 pro ....
no it does work with the drone OFF. It just sprang to life and is now working.

RC2 must be connected to WiFi to get maps. Drone does NOT have to be on to plan waypoint routes.
RC2 was connected to wifi, I turned on and off wifi several times (as well as remote) to check. Anyhow, all good now, thanks

Means drone is OFF.

Yes you are right if you plan offline when not in the area it does not seem to work. I got a message saying start point too far away from route

Yes you are right if you plan offline when not in the area it does not seem to work. I got a message saying start point too far away from route
when i started trying to plan, no map came up so could even put waypoint in.
its working now, i guess there might have been server issue.

Only need to do this once when brand new – i.e. create a waypoint mission while in‐flight.

After that, it will allow you to create and save WP missions with only the RC2 powered up, and it doesn't need an internet connection if the maps for the mission location are already loaded and cached.

Here is what I think is the solution. You can't get to the screen above without turning your drone on

Actually you can. With only the RC2 powered up, hit "Connection Guide", then "Camera View>" (upper right corner).

At that point you'll see a black screen, with the tiny map inset lower left, and an activated Waypoint button left-middle. Tap the map to make it full-screen, hit the WP button, create a WP mission.

Reactions: mavic53

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr