DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autonomous 3D Mapping / Photogrammetry Tutorial For The DJI Mini 4 Pro

That's awesome! I'll be launching my photogrammetry service this month as well, be curious to know how it competes? We get final RTK attachment boards back this month as well.

That's awesome! I'll be launching my photogrammetry service this month as well, be curious to know how it competes? We get final RTK attachment boards back this month as well.

Any chance you've got a few minutes for a phone chat? I've got some very pertinent information to pass along regarding regulations etc. I'll message you my contact info in a moment.

Allen

Here are the settings I used for the flight noted above:

• 250' AGL (Terrain Following to account for a huge difference in Terra Firma across the site)
  • 12 fps aircraft speed
  • 75deg gimbal tilt
  • 50' distance between flight paths
  • North/South flight orientation

It was a SINGLE pass and no Obliques were captured simply because this stage of the construction they wouldn't improve the model.

I would appreciate some input on the apps selection as it relates to the 3D model creation on iPad. So after the photos are taken as a mission via Waypoint Map on the DJI Mini 4 Pro, what are the cloud based apps to use to produce a 3D image that can be shared with a client?

I don’t mind paying a reasonable subscription that would enable me to produce and easily share my work with escalators (for job estimates), large building inspections, etc.
Thanks!

I would appreciate some input on the apps selection as it relates to the 3D model creation on iPad. So after the photos are taken as a mission via Waypoint Map on the DJI Mini 4 Pro, what are the cloud based apps to use to produce a 3D image that can be shared with a client?

I don’t mind paying a reasonable subscription that would enable me to produce and easily share my work with escalators (for job estimates), large building inspections, etc.
Thanks!

Drone Deploy, MapsMadeEasy, and I use a local solution called AgriSoft MetaShape to process them myself and then upload to SketchFab (small annual fee) to make it easy to share with my clients and associates.

Drone Deploy, MapsMadeEasy, and I use a local solution called AgriSoft MetaShape to process them myself and then upload to SketchFab (small annual fee) to make it easy to share with my clients and associates.
Thank you very much. I did a test flight. Simple orbit around a warehouse with 44 images. For some reason, Mapsmadeasy wanted the gimbal at a minimum of -50 deg. I had to go up to 220ft to get all the elements in the frame (the initial 150ft AGL setting was too low)…now I have to wait for the processing to take place in order to see the end product.

Question; I’m sure optimal gimbal angle has something to do with the mission plan (Orbit in my case). I thought somewhat lower altitude would provide a better vertical rendering.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Thank you very much. I did a test flight. Simple orbit around a warehouse with 44 images. For some reason, Mapsmadeasy wanted the gimbal at a minimum of -50 deg. I had to go up to 220ft to get all the elements in the frame (the initial 150ft AGL setting was too low)…now I have to wait for the processing to take place in order to see the end product.

Question; I’m sure optimal gimbal angle has something to do with the mission plan (Orbit in my case). I thought somewhat lower altitude would provide a better vertical rendering.
Thoughts?
Thanks
If you’re building a 3D model you’ll need to do multiple passes.

I am going to do:

2 opposing high alt passes with gimbal somewhere between 90deg and 75deg
1 medium alt orbit (POI) with gimbal around 75deg
1 manual low alt flight with gimbal approx 60-75deg but low resolution mouth to capture min/no sky in the frame because the app gets wanky when sky is in frame.

I don’t know how you’d process all of that into MME. I only used MME for 90deg Orthomosaics.

Here's my latest project:

Reactions: MS Coast
@jaystechvault i've got a nearly brand new mini pro 4 and rc2, when i connect the RC2 to my nearly new HP envy 34 running windows 11 i see nothing if i plug in usb a to c cable and adb interface if plugging in via c to c.

RC2 firmware 02.00.0500

computer
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member