DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFLY not available for Canadians while in US!

Grey Wolf

Reactions
I am trying to download the app while in the States but I am only registered on the Canadian side and won't let me switch and buy the free app on the US site.
Anyone know of a work around?

Try Airmap (airmap.com) they work with FAA and the data between the two are identical in the U.S. Also Airmap has much better UI and filter options.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I am trying to download the app while in the States but I am only registered on the Canadian side and won't let me switch and buy the free app on the US site.
Anyone know of a work around?

If I were using iTunes on a PC/Mac to download for iOS, then I'd VPN back to Canada, DL into the PC/Mac and then update the apps on the phone.

Yes, I know. I use one. The problem is your device, not your network. It's a catch 22 with Apple and others. You can't download from the US App store if you, the registered user and registered device are Canadian, you are directed to go to the Canadian App store and complete your purchase there. If you do, either by going directly or spoofing a CDN address via VPN doesn't matter, because the App isn't there because it's not available in Canada. The 'work around' is to take a spare device (I use my iPod), reset to factory, and create a new id for yourself while in the USA ( or a USA I.P. via VPN). Then you can access the US App store and download apps but of course only to that device. Make sense?

Reactions: Expedy21
Yes, I know. I use one. The problem is your device, not your network. It's a catch 22 with Apple and others. You can't download from the US App store if you, the registered user and registered device are Canadian, you are directed to go to the Canadian App store and complete your purchase there. If you do, either by going directly or spoofing a CDN address via VPN doesn't matter, because the App isn't there because it's not available in Canada. The 'work around' is to take a spare device (I use my iPod), reset to factory, and create a new id for yourself while in the USA ( or a USA I.P. via VPN). Then you can access the US App store and download apps but of course only to that device. Make sense?

OK Lou, understand now. Geez, what a laborious process. Sorry I wasn't much help

Probably better you can't install it. B4UFly (at least on Android) is worthless... it hangs all the time struggling with Location services. Eats a ton of CPU. I gave up on it.

Actually the process of downloading from the US Apple App store is quite easy. I'm in Canada, have a Canadian device, registered it in Canada. The trick is to find a free app which is only available in the US app store. When you select that app it will notify you that the app in question is only avail in the US and it prompts you to reload the US app store. Now because it is a free app you can sign up for a US account without having to provide any type of payment info. Just use a different email address to sign up and your done. I use the same device and just switch the apple accounts on the device to enable downloading from either store. (Canada or US App store)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman