DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFly vs Hover

skipSmith

Reactions
I've noticed a significant difference between these programs in the boundaries of restricted areas. I call the local tower based on B4UFly only. Thoughts?

I've not been able to gain much information from AirMap or B4UFly. I find AirMap to have tons of crap on it everywhere that I don't understand, and B4UFly has almost no information. Both essentially worthless so far as I can tell.

I live in a suburban/rural area and B4UFly has me listed in the radius of 5 airports. One is an actual single runway small country airport that flies daylight only, one is a helipad at a hospital, and three are grass in farmers fields that presumably a crop duster might take off from twice a year. In the Chicago area you might have a half dozen very small areas within fifty miles of the city that B4UFly says are not restricted. This isn't reasonable at all. I just stay away from the airport and keep my altitude below 400', you have no way of reaching most of the "airfields" that are listed.

I think B4UFly cries wolf too much. My house is near several hospitals. Hover says I'm OK. The reality is that I can fly my airplane over these same hospitals without saying a word or even monitoring the radio. Hover seems to work better. I'll try the other apps mentioned above.

B4UFly is all but useless finding my current position. I have been using Air Map

I think there may be an app that's "official" info for the country you fly .. e.g drone assist for uk and something similar for USA /FAA etc etc seems a waste to use "home made" one to me if there is an official option

I think there may be an app that's "official" info for the country you fly .. e.g drone assist for uk and something similar for USA /FAA etc etc seems a waste to use "home made" one to me if there is an official option

B4UFly is from the FAA and it is like all government items. Useless.

Ah ! .. lol .. yes TT .. I'm in uk and app for us seems quite ok

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky