DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backcountry Skiing Vid

Nice video. The music matches it well.

Quick question: Why are you buying the PP filters? You aren't happy with the Tacos?
Good question! I purchased the original PP filters that had to be fitted after start-up. This was not going to work in the cold while wearing gloves, so I purchased the Tacos that I could install before leaving the house and just leave them on. They work great and I am happy with them. In the process of returning the PP, they offered me a good deal on the Cinema Series in exchange. Since they have a set that also includes polarizing filters along with the deal, I decided, why not. Maybe the PL ones will come in handy also?

Sweet, great work. Out of interest, what temperatures were you flying in and how does your smartphone bear up in the cold? I was in the Canadian backcountry a couple of weeks ago (without Mavic) where it was -30celcius - I'm guessing it's not gonna fly in that temp
That particular day was around 30ºF (-1ºC) but while testing and learning I have flown in temps as low as around 15ºF (-9ºC). When not flying, I keep iPhone and MP batteries inside my coat next to me. I have had no problems so far with either my Phone or the MP in those conditions. One time after burning through one battery, I started to fly on the second battery and at lift off I received a cold battery warning. I just let it hover at a couple of feet and watched the battery stats until it warmed up. I then continued to fly without any trouble.

I think -30 C could cause issues though, not only for your phone, but pushing the limits of the MP as well. My initial plan is to only fly on reasonable weather days. Definition of "reasonable" is still to be learned though.:rolleyes:

That particular day was around 30ºF (-1ºC) but while testing and learning I have flown in temps as low as around 15ºF (-9ºC). When not flying, I keep iPhone and MP batteries inside my coat next to me. I have had no problems so far with either my Phone or the MP in those conditions. One time after burning through one battery, I started to fly on the second battery and at lift off I received a cold battery warning. I just let it hover at a couple of feet and watched the battery stats until it warmed up. I then continued to fly without any trouble.

I think -30 C could cause issues though, not only for your phone, but pushing the limits of the MP as well. My initial plan is to only fly on reasonable weather days. Definition of "reasonable" is still to be learned though.:rolleyes:
Thanks mate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure